Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/pslam/forums/public_html/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Music Collaboration Opportunity!!

Author Topic: Music Collaboration Opportunity!!  (Read 929 times)

mozartzhao

Music Collaboration Opportunity!!
« on: June 20, 2014, 02:08:51 AM »
CALL FOR TEXT SUBMISSIONS FOR CONCERT SONG CYCLE

Goal:

1) Expand the subjects of concert("classical") music with texts that directly engage with modern society.

2) Enrich the concert song repetoire with texts from contemporary poets/writers.

3) Promote collaboration between classically trained musicians and young poets/writers.

Dear poets and writers,
My name is Mo Zhao and I will be a senior at Boston University in fall 2014. I am a music composition major, and I have been commissioned by BU College of Fine Arts voice professor Phyllis Hoffman to write a piece for her student. For this set of short songs, I am calling for few original texts written by young poets and writers (under 35 years old). The texts should have a contemporary edge—slam poems are good examples; other styles/genres such as prose and rhymed verses are equally welcomed. If chosen, I will set the texts to music (soprano and piano), and with supervision from Prof. Hoffman, the soprano will perform the piece as part of her solo recital in Boston University College of Fine Arts in spring 2015 or 2016. This will be an exciting collaboration for everyone involved and I am eager to review your works!
Below are the guidelines for this project:

1) The text must be an original work.

2) The deadline for the submission is June 30th, 2014. Early submission is encouraged.

3) The maximum length for the text is 120 words. There is no minimum length.

4) You may submit multiple texts if each individual texts are 120 words or less.

5) You may attach a short biography and resume with the submission, but this is not required.

6) The results will be notified by July 30th, 2014.

7) Texts not chosen for this particular project may still be considered for future collaborations; you will receive a notification in this case.

Please attach your text(s) in word or PDF format and email to mzart@bu.edu by June 30th.
Thank you! I look forward to receiving your works!

Sincerely,
Mo Zhao