Poetry Slam, Inc. (PSi) Request For Proposals: Video Production
PSi seeks proposals from quality video production individuals and/or teams to film poetry performances at the National Poetry Slam, the Individual World Poetry Slam, and the Women of the World Poetry Slam.
The primary purpose of these videos will be to document each event and to create downloadable and streamable footage of each performance on Finals stage.
The video production team for the project will be responsible for providing equipment, for set-up and tear-down, for working with venues to provide quality footage with the best possible sound, video and lighting. PSi is able to provide volunteers for the film crew to assist in each venue.
National Poetry Slam:
Five full days of filming in the Boston/Cambridge Area August 13-17, 2013.
Individual World Poetry Slam:
Three full days of filming in the Spokane, WA Area October 3-5, 2013.
Women of the World Poetry Slam:
Three full days of filming in the Austin, TX Area in March 20-22, 2014.
Please submit your proposal for filming the entire event and for filming finals only (which would require one full evening of filming). Proposals may be submitted for a single event or for all events.
Extensive experience as a professional videographer
Experience filming live performances
Ability to provide post-production including editing and assembling final videos
Proposal Requirements and Submission Guidelines:
1. Summary of your background, resources, and relevant experience.
2. Examples of past projects, preferably of a similar size, scope, and setting.
3. References from past projects, preferably from projects of a similar size, scope, and setting.
4. Rates per project.
5. Estimated time required for the completion of each project
6. Any other materials that would help us get to know your work.
7. Send proposals to ExecutiveDirector@PoetrySlam.com
by July 7, 2013.