Thunderclap

Author Topic: Boogers and Turds (and other rules questions)  (Read 2492 times)

plunderphonics

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Boogers and Turds (and other rules questions)
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
Boogers/Turds....Are these props?  I'd say they are...They are not necessarily available to everyone.

Second, at our Slam Off, we had a guy ask the host if he could hook up his beat to the sound system... The host said no, and the guy looked like he was going to play his beat through his headphones on the microphone..  He didn't end up doing it, but as bout manager I was scrambling through this forum to determine what the point penalty would be.  I am assuming it is instant DQ?

suziqsmith

• Epic
    • View Profile
Re: Boogers and Turds (and other rules questions)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 10:06:33 PM »
Boogers/Turds....Are these props?  I'd say they are...They are not necessarily available to everyone.

Second, at our Slam Off, we had a guy ask the host if he could hook up his beat to the sound system... The host said no, and the guy looked like he was going to play his beat through his headphones on the microphone..  He didn't end up doing it, but as bout manager I was scrambling through this forum to determine what the point penalty would be.  I am assuming it is instant DQ?

As to your prop question - I highly doubt they would "enhance" the performance of the poem.  Eww.

Second - his phone/mp3 player/beat-playing device would be an instrument, which is automatic DQ.

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 01:29:30 AM »
I'd actually argue that boogers and turds are NOT props, based on the "naked in a room" theory. If they are part of your body when you get to the stage, it's cool.

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:43:56 AM »
Plus they're available to everyone...

plunderphonics

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
Thanks everyone!

If you value your clothing you will avoid my bouts at NPS this year.