Author Topic: SlamCharlotte's Call for Features~2012-2013 slam season  (Read 1381 times)

inkera

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
SlamCharlotte's Call for Features~2012-2013 slam season
« on: June 21, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
This is FRESH! This is RESET!! This is SlamCharlotte!!!

SlamCharlotte is dedicated to bringing Charlotte and the surrounding areas the best in featured artists.
In an effort to do this, the SlamCharlotte Management team has decided to open up feature slots for the 2012-2013 season only to poets who have NEVER featured at our venue before.

*We will start accepting requests IMMEDIATELY*

This is how it works..........please read the entire note.

Our slam is the 3rd Friday of every month. We don't have features in April, May, or June. Our slam season runs from July to June.

SlamCharlotte passes the hat to pay our features and allows them to sell merchandise. In the past, features have received between $100-$400 but please understand that we have no way of guaranteeing you a certain amount. We can offer lodging at a local hotel the night of your feature.

We can provide you with a listing of other poetry venues in the area BUT we do not book shows for you. If we book shows for you, there is a 20% administrative fee that comes out of the performance rate you receive.

Our feature slots go very quickly and we are thankful for that. So that means when the request for features open up, you should be expedient in your request.

If you are interested in featuring, please send an email/FB message to MY attention. The email should include the month you are interested in featuring. If you are new to performance poetry and there is a slim chance that we might not know you, I urge you to send links to past performances, your written work will not be accepted. Verbal/phone requests to feature or requests sent to other members of the management team will not be accepted.

It will be taken to the SlamCharlotte Management team for consideration. Everyone who sends a request will be notified of our decision.

After all feature slots are filled, we start a short waiting list in the event that a feature has to cancel.
You canít slam for a spot on SlamCharlotte's team and feature in the same season. We seldom book features who have been a part of a SlamCharlotte team, however we will consider this option if you are part of a group of touring poets.

We hope to see you at SlamCharlotte as a featured artist!

2012-2013 Slam Season Schedule
20 July 2012
No August Slam due to National Poetry Slam
21 Sept. 2012
19 Oct. 2012
16 Nov. 2012
21 Dec. 2012
18 Jan. 2013 ~(come help Inkera celebrate her born day/month.....the BIG FIT AT 40 CELEBRATION )
15 Feb. 2013 ~(iWPS qualifier..the winner represents the QC)
1 March 2012 (CIAA Edition Slam)
15 March 2013~(Celebrating the women of slam-Power of SHE Slam & WOWps qualifier)
19 April 2013~(GRAND SLAM FINALS: the top 4 poets form the new slam team)
17 May 2013
21 June 2013 (come help Bluz celebrate his Born Day)

(Carolina Slam Tour....mock slam between North and South Carolina teams to raise funds to reduce the travel expenses to the National Poetry Slam

Thanks in advance!!

Inkera Oshun, Artistic Director
SlamCharlotte
inkera@slamcharlotte.com
(980) 428-0473
FB/inkera oshun

Bluz, Slammaster
SlamCharlotte
bluz@slamcharlotte.com
(704) 890-8282
FB/Boris Rogers

I love me MORE.......the campaign

Lakey

• Haiku
    • View Profile
Re: SlamCharlotte's Call for Features~2012-2013 slam season
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »
Wish I had seen this earlier but I hadn't been to the website in a while...Shot you a message =)

inkera

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
Re: SlamCharlotte's Call for Features~2012-2013 slam season
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
I would be honored to be a featured poet In October......   www.mikeguinn.com

SlamCharlotte is dedicated to bringing Charlotte and the surrounding areas the best in featured artists.
In an effort to do this, the SlamCharlotte Management team has decided to open up feature slots for the 2012-2013 season only to poets who have NEVER featured at our venue before.
I love me MORE.......the campaign