Thunderclap

Author Topic: The NPS 2012 MC Call  (Read 883 times)

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
The NPS 2012 MC Call
« on: June 16, 2012, 05:57:45 AM »
If you are an experienced and energetic showperson, PSi wants your help.

If you lost your NPS qualifier but still want to experience the awesome show that is NPS, be an MC !

If you have been thinking, "How do I get involved in the organization ?" Be a Bout Manager !

If you have Bout Managed for PSI before and are looking to step up to MC, now is your chance!

Requirements: PSi membership (You can get this here on the web site!), A lot of Slam experience, a great attitude, the ability to show up in Charlotte on time (it's important!), working knowledge of NPS rules a plus. Prior WoWPS, IWPS or NPS experience is valued but not a requirement.

There are a limited number of spots for MCs and bout managers at NPS so get your name in early. You will receive a volunteer pass to the event which gives you access to all day and evening events (and usually the finals), just like the poets, and possibly more stage time than the poets themselves !

There will be daily meetings for MCs and Bout Managers starting on Tuesday.  Attendance at the meeting is mandatory, if you can't make the days meeting, you can't work that night.  I strongly recommend you attend 1 of the 2 NPS Orientation meetings, so you are, you know, oriented.

Where: The National Poetry Slam will be in Charlotte, NC.
When: August 7-11, 2012
Who: All the cool kids (and also me)

Would you like to know more? Sign up for the mailing list here: http://www.poetryslam.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=3

Check out NPS 2011 info here: http://nps2012Charlotte.com

Follow us on the twitters @nationalslam
You could also follow me @erik_daniel

Thank you for your time and dedication to poetry slam.
-Erik Daniel

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
Re: The NPS 2012 MC Call
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 06:52:30 AM »
There are still slots available to run bouts and MC!  Sign up today!