Author Topic: Want to make a CD at Nats?  (Read 865 times)

Punky921

• Haiku
    • View Profile
Want to make a CD at Nats?
« on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »
Hey guys,

So I'm a self-taught audio engineer just starting out.  I'm really interested in recording poets, and NPS seems like a great place to do it.  I realize that I can't record the bouts / events themselves, as that's against PSI rules.  But I'd really, really love to set up some kind of room in the Center City Holiday Inn where I could record poets, and almost immediately hand them a CD that they could reproduce, sell, upload to the internet, or whatever.  I own all the necessary gear. 

As a personal side note: way too many poets either try to record a live performance via iPhone or just shout at their webcam at home.  I can and have delivered far superior results, and I want to give that to the community. 

Who would I speak to to get this set up? Is there interest in this sort of thing? Let me know. 

Justin Woo
Jersey City Slam

Punky921

• Haiku
    • View Profile
Re: Want to make a CD at Nats?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:50:14 PM »
(For anyone who cares, I can list my gear, but it would probably bore most of you to tears. )

inkera

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 02:15:11 PM »
Jsutin_I'm one of the HC co-chairs. You are welcome to contact the hotel to secure space to make this happen or do it in your private room.

The HC does not have space at the hotel or venues that you can utilize for this purpose.
I love me MORE.......the campaign

Punky921

• Haiku
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »
Hey Inkera! I believe my slam master Ben has been talking to you re: rooms and such.  Thanks for helping us out the other day.  :)

Do you know if the hotel would charge me to use one of their conference rooms? If not, I suppose I could do it in my room - I'd just have to work it out with my teammates.