Author Topic: if bush wins  (Read 9355 times)

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
if bush wins
« on: October 31, 2004, 07:08:12 PM »
i'm moving to canada..... hell its only aboot 80 miles away..... i've got half my shit packed up, anyone need a ride????

(now i gotta start looking for slams in windsor)
And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music...
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
if bush wins
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 09:45:59 AM »
Before we move,  let's make sure we get the vote out in Michigan. Looks like bad weather in our fair state on election day. That's not good news, especially in Detroit, where the weather is looking to be the worst. Detroiters, get all your friends and get to the polls. Have an election line party. Dress warm! Bring extra gloves for those who forget them.

ms_spelt

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
ouch
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 06:49:43 PM »
i want to deliver a stern lecture to the americans who just did a horrible thing without and thought for the broader consequences to the world, and about how Lincoln's America has been replaced by Lee's America by the part Lincoln built :cry: .
and i will in time...
but first and more importantly I wish to offer my heartfelt condolences to each and evry one of you who for years has been doing everything intheir power to enlighten your country and hold it to it's great promise.
your efforts are heroic even if the outcome is upsetting and heartbreaking.
i do not doubt for asecond that you have given everything you had and that this loss is all the more painful as a result.
do not let them break your spirit or your resolve to fight on.
then it really is over.
if you need a repreive and a rest come have visit in Canada-for as long as you like-hell maybe even four years :wink: -get your legs back under you and your wind back in you and do what it is that has allways made the greatest american's great-they resisted injustice.
you are all heroes and my heart goes out to you and breaks with yours.
but this isn't over.
not by a long shot.
much love
ms(catching a bouquet of pot at a gay marriage)spelt
 i give thanks for this world as a place to learn
and for this human body that i know i've earned"
Adam Yauch

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
if bush wins
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 03:51:03 PM »
Not me. I learned my lesson! I'm becoming a fundamentalist Christian, denouncing my gay friends and family, seeking lucrative employment in the oil industry and I have started sniffing paint to kill enough brain cells to call myself a neo-con. Fuck this poetry business.

Esther

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • http://web.mac.com/estherhurwitz/
if bush wins
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 04:50:30 PM »
And we thought we needed poetry after 9/11....

See, as misguided as the 51% is, many of them felt a heart connection with Bush. No matter how correct Kerry was about everything, people could not warm up to him.  

Hey Steve, if you do go out of the poetry business can I have your laminator or at least your iMac?

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.4luvofpoetry.com
if bush wins
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 06:03:52 PM »
Quote from: "Esther"
And we thought we needed poetry after 9/11....

See, as misguided as the 51% is, many of them felt a heart connection with Bush. No matter how correct Kerry was about everything, people could not warm up to him.  

Hey Steve, if you do go out of the poetry business can I have your laminator or at least your iMac?

doh!

dammit, i knew i should have clicked on this sooner!
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

dawn_m_gabriel

• Limerick
    • View Profile
if bush wins
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 10:56:49 AM »
Don't mourn, organize

Now is not the time to move to Canada.  At least 55 million people are counting on us, and moving toward change.

darythdavey

• Limerick
    • View Profile
new amendment
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 09:47:09 PM »
i, like many others, am actually interested in proposing and passing a new amendment prohibiting fundamentalist christians from voting.  no offense, steve.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
if bush wins
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 10:37:06 AM »
Populism is just another word for tyranny of the majority. Anybody can find a majority willing to take rights away from a minority. If Dopey Bush can figure it out (read KKKarl Rove) then anyone can figure it out.

I am beginning to believe the answer lies in seceding. Anybody else interested?

blackbarbie

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • http://www.detroitpoetry.com
lets start the revolution
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 12:36:52 PM »
Why not tell everyone not to vote anymore?  Let's see how the outcome of events will play.  :D

I think we'll become robot-drones with the age-of-technology ruling...if we don't vote.  Big business will take over and the fortune 500 will be our "official" senate.  The new way of technological discrimination will down play today's horrific "jim crow" traditions. Then the real leaders will emerge and start the resistance against putting computer chips in human...then we'll have this all out robot-human war.  Darwin's theory will finally become fact and no loner theory....

I'm waiting for everyone to disban the system....it was designed to screw people over; therefore to change with in it will only result in finding a new way to screw people over...

If the resistance starts, I'm signing up first....note that  :!:

Christina
lack Barbie is the only one who can get as drunk as poohbear....

manningalbert

• Haiku
    • View Profile
if bush wins
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2004, 01:39:43 PM »
I hope you find slam spots because keeping the passion for something you realy love is veryimportant.
I have never been to Canada so when you get there let me know how
beautiful it is. I am a devoted writer and I try to write every day. :D
lbert Manning

A.K.A

Prince  Charming

ms_spelt

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
if bush wins
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2004, 10:59:01 PM »
Quote from: "Chris Cavanaugh"
Why aren't we like the opposition (Yushchenko supporters) in Ukraine? Have the neo-cons put something in the water? (No wonder the Chinese government wants to buy up the Great Lakes...)

good question.the parrallels are striking-excpet when it comes to what people did about it.
and Americans have a constitutional right-some would also argue resposibility-to do EXACTLY what they are doing in Kiev.
Orange is very in right now.
 :wink:
and for those thinking about defecting...(to Canada)
we are going to bidding to host the IWPS in 2007.be a great time to just not go back to the States :wink:
 much love
ms spelt
Adam Yauch

ms_spelt

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
if bush wins
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2004, 03:41:27 AM »
don't forget gay marriage increasing the odds of being able to immigrate by marriage substantially :wink:
much love
still waiting for those proposals
ms spelt
Adam Yauch

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
still here....
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2004, 10:14:11 PM »
well i havent quite packed up yet either, i'm waiting to see how i do next tuesday at the slam.....

but really, i was quite distraught at Dubya's re-election, but i've resolved to become an American Insurgent, and do my best to sow seeds of information, intellegence in the hope that by 08 we can get someone good in there....

so i've got a nice stack of papers and letters to my local rep., and sen. let's see how they deal with an agrivated black man, with access to MicroSoft Word and thier addresses

Muhahahahahahahahahahha!
And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music...
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch