Author Topic: NPS 2013 Chicago bid withdrawn  (Read 983 times)

hsampson

• Epic
    • View Profile
NPS 2013 Chicago bid withdrawn
« on: February 25, 2012, 04:04:08 PM »
I unfortunately need to inform you that Chicago Slam Works has withdrawn their bid to host NPS 2013.   You may recall that the bid was vetted by the EC in January of 2011, and Slammasters voted to approve Chicago NPS 2013 in March of 2011.
    Marc Smith informed me that due to other events coming to Chicago within a few weeks of the anticipated date of NPS 2013, he didn't think that Chicago Slam Works could market the event successfully.   The board of Chicago Slam Works took a vote, and informed me that they would indeed withdraw the bid.
     I have known this for some time.   I informed the EC immediately and was hoping to have someone else lined up, but that has not happened as of this date.   I have had several cities express interest, but that is not a solid bid at this point. 
     So, if you are interested in hosting NPS 2013, on an accelerated schedule, please let me know.   I will help you fill in the bid forms, and help you through the approval process with the EC.   It is now an EC decision since the SM's approved the Chicago bid on time, and this move takes us past the standard approval timeframe.   
     Someone who has hosted in recent years would be an excellent choice, either an NPS or one of the other PSI events.
Questions, thoughts, suggestions, feel free to post here, or email me at sampsonhenry at gmail dot com   
     Yes, I am bummed that this is not going to be in Chicago....

hsampson

• Epic
    • View Profile
Re: NPS 2013 Chicago bid withdrawn
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »