Author Topic: Zeroing Votes Out  (Read 1416 times)

randomcelestial

• Rules Rewrite Committee
  • Sonnet
    • View Profile
Zeroing Votes Out
« on: January 11, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
Are people suspected of cheating going to be allowed into the next round of voting? Or is the evidence too thin to pin-down conclusively?

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
Re: Zeroing Votes Out
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:47:56 PM »
There isn't evidence that any one of those poets "did it". We're starting over as we see it the most fair way.
Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

randomcelestial

• Rules Rewrite Committee
  • Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:09:52 AM »
I would like to point out that "the most fair way" punishes Kait Rokowski the most, who not only accumulated the most votes and youtube hits, but also spent a considerable amount of social networking currency driving traffic to the site. While I understand there really isn't a much fairer way to do this, a legitimate contender who put in tons of promotion time was way ahead of the pack and now is being punished because someone else tried to cheat to catch up. Seems like the reset is a best-case scenario for the cheater in the this case, no?

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 09:02:03 AM »
I can't make assumption that it was a competitor that was doing the improper voting, as there is no evidence that is the case. There is no evidence any competitor even knew of the voting improprieties.

I don't think anyone would claim this is a "good" outcome. I believe though that it is the "least bad" outcome. 

I'm very sorry this happened. I take full responsibility, and I won't let it happen again.