Thunderclap

Author Topic: Poetry Craigslist  (Read 3233 times)

Sam Castello

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Poetry Bread - You Knead It
Re: Poetry Craigslist
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 04:19:13 PM »
Just as a start, here is a link to a Drupal Classifieds Mod http://drupal.org/project/ed_classified

I have only dabbled with Drupal, and i don't know the set up for my.poetryslam.com well enough to know how easy it would be to add this mod, but it looks promising.

Any Drupal folks want to comment (looking at you, Erik)....

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 07:10:28 PM »
Adding mods to Drupal is pretty easy (and my.poetryslam.com is the alpha release for the next poetryslam.com). The issue is user management and access control. Moving the user accounts along with their membership status is a challenge. I'll get it done, but its taking some time, and I'd like to get this off the ground quicker.

I can make a new section of the forum that allows any member to post a thread in, and only the original poster can comment in the threads. Thread starters will also be able to edit and delete their threads. 

If its publicly readable, we might be able to pull the RSS feed into the Facebook page, making it much more visible in the community.

How would that be for a start? Hopefully I will have the new CMS ready by the time this takes off.

Syd Malicious

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 07:33:20 PM »
That sounds like a fantastic way to start.

I'm totally willing to do grunt work if you tell me where to go. This is one of those obnoxious scenarios where I had an idea and don't have the knowledge base to get it done and it would be so nice if we had a Craigslist to help. Oh, irony.

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
Why don't you write up a description of the service, that will live in an Announcement thread on top of the forum.  Write about the concept in an instructional way. Don't worry about the technical parts, just stay conceptual. Who should post a listing? What information should be in each post? That type of thing. If you want, post it in this thread and we will edit, or you can send it to me back channel.

Sean Mulroy

• Awards Committee
  • Limerick
    • View Profile
    • The Vanishing Man
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 09:42:19 AM »
Syd, this is a great idea.  I'm wondering what we can do to move this forward?  That said, I do think it's important to note that our forums DO feel a little antiquated, if adequate, in comparison to other models.  Is there by any chance an existing craigslist-esque site that organizes by interest and/or organization instead of location/city?
Sean Patrick Mulroy

Syd Malicious

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 02:07:29 PM »
Sorry, I'm still here and I'm still working. Finals week is coming up and I've been crazy busy at work. I have not abandoned this project.

Sean, if you have any ideas, hit me up.