Thunderclap

Author Topic: Parly-pro manuel?  (Read 3571 times)

Syd Malicious

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Parly-pro manuel?
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:53:12 PM »
So, I know one thing that frustrates people about SM meetings is that nobody knows parly-pro. This offer is directed mostly at SlamMasters, but I can't access your forum, so I'm putting it here:

Would it be useful to have a really basic, one-page or even half-page outline of parly-pro to use for reference? I'm envisioning a flowchart because I think flowcharts are easy to follow, but it could be anything. Obviously it won't cover everything, but since we seen to know almost nothing at all, any improvement at all will look pretty significant.

If this is something that y'all would like to have, I'd be willing to put it together and make sure that it gets to the meetings.

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scottwoodswrites.net
Re: Parly-pro manuel?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 07:15:20 AM »
Something like this was created a few years back.
I'll dig it out.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 09:55:13 AM »
Here it is.
Comes as a pdf

http://regionalassociation.org/NR/rdonlyres/E0D1FC7A-13DE-47C6-B002-5169421AE1D0/11742/43ParliamentaryProceduresOnePgRef.pdf

(Please note, not once does it say to use the words, "I motion...")

Syd Malicious

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
No offense to whoever put that together, but it's pretty ugly. I could make one that's a lot easier to follow and a lot less tedious to look at.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »
I laughed when I read that. I don't know who made it ugly. It is what you asked for: a one pager. It has information. It allows greater participation. Greater participation is pretty.

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 02:11:51 PM »
No offense to whoever put that together, but it's pretty ugly. I could make one that's a lot easier to follow and a lot less tedious to look at.

Thanks, Syd! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

-Jesse

Syd Malicious

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 03:32:52 PM »
Laugh if you want, Steve. I agree that participation is pretty and in three years of SM meetings I've never seen a single one of those used. I suspect that has something to do with the incredibly dense layout.

I'm offering to be helpful. If you don't want help then politely declining is a better option than snarking.

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »
Laugh if you want, Steve. I agree that participation is pretty and in three years of SM meetings I've never seen a single one of those used. I suspect that has something to do with the incredibly dense layout.

I'm offering to be helpful. If you don't want help then politely declining is a better option than snarking.

I'd suggest just trying to improve it. Honestly, you asked for what was there, then said no offense and insulted it, and were surprised by a snarky reply.

You don't need Steve's permission to try and make a difference, here, Syd. If you see a problem, empower yourself to fix it.

-Jesse

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 09:06:07 PM »
Syd, you misunderstand me. I'm laughing because this is not a PSi document. It's just something already on the web. I simply steered you to it because you asked for information.

Make it as pretty as you want. You haven't seen it used because no one else did the 3 minute google search to find one. I'm not always antagonistic. I laughed because it was funny.

Syd Malicious

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
Oh. My bad. Thanks!