Thunderclap

Author Topic: FYI: HOST HOTELS IN MA FOR NPS  (Read 2477 times)

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
FYI: HOST HOTELS IN MA FOR NPS
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:39:14 PM »
I talked to the Host Hotel today and our contact informed me that she gets updates every time the hotel is mentioned on the internet. Today, it was mentioned on Facebook in reference to NPS and how people were planning on bringing alcohol to the hotel. She informed me that it was against the law in MA to bring outside alcohol into hotels.

I'm not from out East, I don't know the laws, but she informed me that folks could get kicked out of the hotel and or face charges if alcohol is in the rooms.

You're all responsible adults. I just wanted to give you a heads up.
Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

HoustonRH7

• Slammasters
  • Sonnet
    • View Profile
Re: FYI: HOST HOTELS IN MA FOR NPS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 06:48:43 PM »
This is. . . .  interesting.  We're staying at a hotel in the area that is not the host, and I just called them about this, and they said they have never heard of such a thing.  Some googling and phone calls later, it seems that Le Meridian is both a hotel AND a restaurant, and they have their liquor license.  So, bringing liquor in is illegal by the same laws that cover bringing your own alcohol into a bar.

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 08:02:12 PM »
I'm just reporting what I got from the hotel. Perhaps Simone or Henry can clarify.
Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

simone

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Boston Poetry Slam
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:47:21 PM »
I cannot clarify (I know this law exists in New Hampshire, but was not aware it was in effect in Massachusetts).

I did email Henry about this earlier today. He has other reasons to be in touch with the hotel soon, so he will discuss it with them over the next day or so.

Sorry to be a bit quiet on this, guys; it's busy over here! But I am checking in on the forums daily, so if you have questions or concerns, post 'em, please.
Simone Beaubien
SlamMaster, Boston Poetry Slam

BrianOmniDillon

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • May.
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 12:38:24 AM »
as a lifelong new yorker, i have always maintained a stigma (warranted or not) with regards to new england, and specifically massachusetts, as a difficult region to 'party' in. that opinion is no doubt based in the luxury i have always enjoyed in the burroughs where i can socialize freely until 4am seven days a week, and ever later (earlier?) at spots which i am comfy in. shappy and i have sat alone at the BPC watching star wars on the projector till the sun came up. my advice to folks from outside the region is to be more conservative than normal. this isnt going to be a hotel-party-nps. its gonna be a spectacular, global metropolis with things to offer around the clock. dont disrespect the hotels. take advantage of being in a city that is world effing class. if you go to bed an hour earlier than normal its probably because boston just whooped that bootay. you can behave bad-assedly in beantown without getting yourself or anyone else in trouble. just, be cool.
lo the goddamn leaves.

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »
Doing some research into the laws, I can say that if an establishment has a liquor license, there are issues with bringing alcohol inside there.

-Jesse