Thunderclap

Author Topic: LETTER TO SMs about NPS  (Read 3219 times)

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
LETTER TO SMs about NPS
« on: July 14, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »
*This is coming in your email as well, but right now my email doesn't want to work so here it is:

Dear SlamMasters,
It's been a crazy month and a half for me and I really appreciate you all hanging in there. I like to have this letter go out on June 1st, but with the flood and all the excitement in Minot, that just hasn't been able to happen. Thanks again for understanding what my family and I have been going through. It's a long road, and I'll still be out of the office a few more times as we are allowed back into our home to see the damage and to take care of FEMA stuff. But having you all understand and be there for us makes it all a little easier.

Okay, enough sappy stuff, let's get to NPS.

This is going to be an awesome event. The city of Boston-Cambridge is STOKED to have us there. We have an awesome crew on the ground that is dedicating every second of every day to make this event enjoyable for you and your poets. I can't wait to be there. Please read through (and maybe print this and keep it in your NPS folder) the entire email, there is a lot of information in here that you need to know and understand.

Here is what you need to know:

MEMBERSHIPS:
Please have all of your teams memberships paid in ADVANCE. It really helps speed up the registration process and with 76 teams we're going to have a long line. Please pay these online at the PSi Store. I'm asking that all memberships be paid by Friday, July 29th so I can process them before I start the drive to Boston. If you absolutely cannot pay by then, PLEASE DO NOT PAY ONLINE AFTER THAT DATE. Please pay in cash at registration.

Also, even if you pay online, please bring receipts of membership for EACH person on your team. It speeds up the searching part of it at registration. I had hoped to email all of you the membership status of everyone by today, but I decided to get this letter out. You will know by Friday the status of yourselves, and your team members.

In an effort to make this large event have a fast registration it's VERY important that you please come prepared. You will need to have the following forms FILLED OUT AHEAD of time...

1. The CODE OF HONOUR- (one per poet, SM and coaches) This is not attached, because the EC is currently drafting a new COH for our events, you'll get that in a couple of days.
2. The MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM- only if you are paying at registration OR IF anyone has a new email, or address.
3. The VIDEO RELEASE- this says that PSi is going to film you. Anyone who will touch the stage MUST fill this out,   or they cannot participate, this applies to MCs and Bout Managers too.
4. The SHOOTER AGREEMENT- this is IF you or anyone on the team, INCLUDING entourage are going to take any kind of video, photos, audio, etc. THIS INCLUDES CAMERAS ON YOUR PHONE.

DO NOT bring ALL of your poets to registration. Please only send the SM, Team Captain, Coach or SM Proxy Holder to Registration. That individual MUST have all of the paperwork for EVERYONE ON THE TEAM. Please don't interfere with teams who are registering, it will slow down the process and we all want to get the business side of the tournament done. ONLY come to registration if you have FILLED OUT ALL of these forms. We will not let you even start if you don't have forms with you. You may not, and please tell your poets, have individual poets arriving at different times come to the registration table to register. This has to be done all at once. 

Registration Times are as follows (and we're strict on this):
MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2011: 2PM-5PM
TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2011: 10:30AM-2:30

ORIENTATION:
Orientation is MANDATORY for EACH POET, SLAMMASTER, and COACH. If you DO NOT attend, you will not be allowed to get your poet pass which means, you can't get into your venues. YOU MUST REGISTER BEFORE YOU ATTEND ORIENTATION.

Times for Orientation are as follows (we're strict on this too):
MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2001: 6PM-7PM
TUESDAY, AUGUST 9, 2011: 3:30PM-4:30PM

MEETINGS:
The SlamMaster meeting is schedule for FRIDAY, AUGUST 12, 2011 from 10AM-1PM. This is a MANDATORY MEETING. You must attend, or send a PROXY to the meeting. Attached is the proxy form. These need to go to Cassie Poe BEFORE the meeting via email. The deadline for giving your proxy to Cassie is WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 10, 2011. Her email address is: mscassiepoet@yahoo.com

The SlamFamily meeting is scheduled for SATURDAY, AUGUST 13, 2011 I'm not sure on a time yet, but it will be in the morning. Please try to send you and your poets to this meeting. If this is your first NPS you'll want to attend to give us your feedback and ask questions.

For now, that's all I've got for you. As always, if you have questions, please email me and I'll get you answers. Otherwise, we'll see you in just a few weeks!

Abigail Ehn
Executive Director, Poetry Slam, Inc.

Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
Re: LETTER TO SMs about NPS
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
I've created a tab in the SlamMaster FILES section of the SM forum that has all of the paperwork you're SM will need for NPS. Tell them to go there and get it.
Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

danstrack

• Haiku
  • dny
    • View Profile
    • Danny's Website
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work on all this Abbey.   Downloading the docs.   Really sorry to hear about all the troubles you've been overcoming, but I know this is going to be a great NPS! 
 :)

simone

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Boston Poetry Slam
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:28:12 PM »
Folks! We are SO looking forward to hosting you here in Cambridge and Boston. Abbey is correct in saying that we do stay up very late thinking about you.

Abbey is also correct in saying that the SUPER-MANDATORY DON'T FORGET TO GO TO THE SlamMaster Meeting will happen on Friday from 10am-1pm.

The Slam Family Meeting is scheduled for Saturday at 10am-12pm. That seems early, but it's only so it won't interfere with the Slam Family Picnic and KICKBALL GAME. Yes, you heard me.

This will all be available to you in the festival guide when you get here, as well as in super-pretty PDF files available at www.nps2011.com. Can't wait!
Simone Beaubien
SlamMaster, Boston Poetry Slam

simone

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Boston Poetry Slam
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »
Heads up, guys: I've posted the schedules to all the above events, and more! They're in the PSi Members Forum in the Files section, here:

http://www.poetryslam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6817.0

Please check out the Registration/Orientation schedule (all pretty for you in PDF), Day Events, Night Events, and more!
Simone Beaubien
SlamMaster, Boston Poetry Slam

Chris_Wilson

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • Elevated! San Diego's Open-Mic
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
Appreciate all the info...quick question. The poet passes per team are limited to 5 starting this year...how much will the poet pass cost for the 6th? I am bringing a team of 5 poets and I am the slam master-coach. This is not a complaint, nor a dispute...I just want to know and budget appropriately.

Thanks!!!!!
Christopher Wilson
San Diego SlamMaster

inkera

• Executive Council
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 03:24:28 PM »
Taken directly from the nps2011.com website

All Access Pass   $75   Admission to all official NPS 2011 events as listed on nps2011.com. Includes Day Events, Late-Night Events, Preliminary competition, Semi-Final competition and Group Piece Finals. Includes 1 ticket to team Finals.
Student Pass   

$60   Admission to all under-21 NPS 2011 events as listed on nps2011.com. Under-21 events are determined by individual venue restrictions, not by NPS 2011: venues retain the right to deny entry to any passholder due to age restriction. See the Competition, Day, and Late-Night event schedules for venue-by-venue age restrictions. This pass includes 1 ticket to team Finals (all ages).

Tournament Pass    $50   Admission to all NPS 2011 competition events. Specifically restricted to preliminary competition (August 9, 10, and 11 from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.), semi-final competition (August 12 from 8 to 10 p.m.), Group Piece Finals (August 12 at 10:30 p.m.). Includes 1 ticket to team Finals.
I love me MORE.......the campaign

Chris_Wilson

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • Elevated! San Diego's Open-Mic
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 03:43:25 PM »
Thanks Inkera...I didn't know if Slam masters/Coachs (PSI members) got a discount!
Christopher Wilson
San Diego SlamMaster

inkera

• Executive Council
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
@Chris Currently everyone pays the same price for the tickets.

The actual cost of the entire festival pass is roughly $110 so it is already discounted. (The $110 price is calculated by adding the ticket price for all separate events together.)
I love me MORE.......the campaign