Thunderclap

Author Topic: Abbey Evacuated... AGAIN!  (Read 4711 times)

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
Abbey Evacuated... AGAIN!
« on: June 22, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
If you haven't been following the news, Minot, ND is in danger of flooding, again, and that means Abbey and her family have been evacuated.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and be patient about NPS and membership related issues.

-Jesse

Detroitphoenix

• Epic
  • The biggest boss that you've seen thus far.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/lashaunphoenixmoore
Re: Abbey Evacuated... AGAIN!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 05:01:05 PM »
Love you, Jesse.  Thanks for posting this!
"Some people would rather lose their lives than lose freedom." ~Black Thought - The ROOTS

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 06:49:07 PM »
Thanks Jesse, this time we're expecting the water to touch the ceiling of our home. This is really not good. Thanks for being patient. We do not have a business phone, email is the only way to reach me, and your membership certificates and IDs will not be sent for a WHILE. I do not have those supplies with me at this time.

I'll keep updates posted here (thanks Jesse) but right now, I am an emotional mess and am trying to assist my husband with our insurance and FEMA so I'm not focused on PSi this week. I'll be better suited to be at work after Sunday after we know just how much damage we're looking at.
Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

Duncan Shields

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 02:32:46 AM »
Wow.  Hang in there Abbey.  Thinking of you and your family.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:43:06 AM »
We have Abbey and Henrik safe in the Whitmore Lake complex for a while. Eric continues the face to face battle with the elements. Minot is literally teetering on the brink of a complete disaster at this moment and the future looks bleak. In the meantime, probably a good time to cut her some slack. The weather hasn't done its part lately.

rachel_mckibbens

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • Rachel McKibbens
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 08:47:35 PM »
Oh, Abbey. We will pray for you and your family. Ugh. <3 <3 <3
"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."

One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel García Márquez

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »
Remember that teetering I was talking about? Well...this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiNdbocSMEQ identifies about the first moment when the levees were overtopped this morning (June 23). The river is expected to rise about 6 and a half feet higher than this by Saturday or Sunday. One in ten homes has federal flood insurance. Abbey's does not. There will be more horrible images as the next few days move on. If you pray, then pray. If you control good energy, do that. If you just want to send a few bucks to the Red Cross, do that. This is a flood literally twice as big as ever recorded on this river system since records were begun in the 1800s.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 09:49:12 PM »
One more for those of you who like to see things on graphs. Read this Hydrograph. Blue is where we have been. Green is where we are going.http://water.weather.gov/resources/hydrographs/mion8_hg.png

cynthia

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cynthiafrench.com
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
My thoughts are with everyone - glad to hear that you are safe Abbey. 
Cynthia French
Little Falls, MN
www.cynthiafrench.com

Faylita H

• Haiku
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:52 PM »
Thanks for letting us know what's going on... You are in my thoughts and prayers Abbey!

suziqsmith

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, 12:28:36 AM »
Sending prayers and warm thoughts for you and your family, Abbey.

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 08:59:59 AM »
Thanks everyone. Our house is under water. If you're interested here is our neighborhood. I live on 18th Street and you can't see my house as it's under the clump of trees, either way, not pretty. I'm back at work (in Michigan) but still getting things ready for NPS. Memberships will not be made for a long time. However, I can assure you that I'll be able to check all of the members on your team. But Erik Daniel and I are trying to get stuff ready so we can do the bout draw over the holiday weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210030789040124&set=a.210029399040263.51264.113338562042681&type=1&theater
Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net