Author Topic: Who's your team 2011 and Danny Strack's "scouting report"  (Read 6243 times)

Billy T

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • Threehundredsixty Degrees and Rising
Who's your team 2011 and Danny Strack's "scouting report"
« on: May 19, 2011, 02:34:28 PM »
Sometimes I miss things but I didn't see any post like this for this season. Check out http://dannystrack.tripod.com/pictures/promotion/NPS_Scouting_2011.pdf for the list that Danny Strack has put together.

Kool beings!
Chicago Four Star PC http://www.ourstage.com/epk/chicagofourstarpoetryclub
PolyRhythmic
Temple of HipHop

danstrack

• Haiku
  • dny
    • View Profile
    • Danny's Website
Re: Who's your team 2011 and Danny Strack's "scouting report"
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:48:16 PM »
Hi Billy T, (et al. )

I was waiting to post about this in the slammaster forums until the list of competing teams for NPS came out and I got feedback about whether or not it would be okay.   Since a lot of this info came second-hand from facebook, I thought it would be a good idea to compare it against any official info out there first.   I was also afraid it might be somehow considered privileged info by PSI. . .  but since it was obtained through entirely public sources, I guess that shouldn't be a concern.   

Anyways, I'll keep y'all updated and hope to have an even more comprehensive scouting report with verified info soon!

:)
dny

Billy T

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • Threehundredsixty Degrees and Rising
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:29:01 AM »
Sorry I jumped your shark. I fugured it was pseudo-public. My bad. Mea culpa.

Cheers and 10's y'all.
Chicago Four Star PC http://www.ourstage.com/epk/chicagofourstarpoetryclub
PolyRhythmic
Temple of HipHop

puroshaggy

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • http://www.puroslam.com
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 07:12:30 AM »
Mighty impressive, but that scouting report scares me!

Good job Strack!

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scottwoodswrites.net
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 07:14:37 AM »
I don't think it's a problem for you to post info like this so long as people understand that unless it comes from a PSi source it isn't official information. You care about it at your own risk, I'm saying.

So feel free to post it here...with a note that says it's personal tracking and not official PSi information. We like scuttlebutt!

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:34:53 AM »
I'll also offer that the reason we don't publish names is to protect our poets. We seem to have this discussion every year and I will always stand by the notion that we need to keep some names of our poets private. Please don't publish this information without getting feedback from the SlamMasters about their poets. 
Abigail Ehn, Executive Director, PSi
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

Nicole Homer

• Rules Rewrite Committee
  • Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »
What Abby said. Some poets have been stalked and don't make it a habit to announce where they will be and when for safety reasons.

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 11:42:47 AM »
What Abby said. Some poets have been stalked and don't make it a habit to announce where they will be and when for safety reasons.

But it's cool to do it for iwps? I don't think this argument holds a ton of water.

Nicole Homer

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 11:47:19 AM »
It's not an argument. It's a fact.

I think it's problematic for those poets whenever it's done so I would say that for them no, it's not cool for IWPs and/or WOWps which may explain why some people choose not to compete for spots in individual competitions.

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 11:59:31 AM »
Danny and I have been talking behind via email and the reason he didn't share this here first was because he was waiting on a response from me. I am taking this to the EC because we have some things to talk about here on what we want to do with this kind of information and something that is important to me and Danny is that we keep this list protected but somehow use this information .

115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
I guess the reason I'm struggling with it is that no one entity controls this information. I understand why PSi doesn't release the information, but Danny, for example, is getting his info from countless FB/Twitter updates saying things like "Congrats to the new MG Team: Dope Poet, Lyrical Wonder, Funny Dude, and Total Hack!". I just don't see how anyone could possibly try to control that.

Nicole Homer

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
I guess the reason I'm struggling with it is that no one entity controls this information. I understand why PSi doesn't release the information, but Danny, for example, is getting his info from countless FB/Twitter updates saying things like "Congrats to the new MG Team: Dope Poet, Lyrical Wonder, Funny Dude, and Total Hack!". I just don't see how anyone could possibly try to control that.

Agreed. Maybe the issue is that PSI doesn't release an official NPS team roster and so is the expectation is that the information won't be released. Admittedly, Danny's competetive enthusiasm is unique in that the only times I've ever seen a list of this sort, Danny was the author (but maybe someone with more slam knowledge can correct me on the history of this).

Oh, technology. 

Nicole Homer

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »
Also, NPS offers you the option of using a stage name and, I think, releases that name for press/bouts, correct? This list offers, in some cases, both.

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »
We don't use legal names if a stage name is given.
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net

amcehn

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2011, 10:50:10 AM »
We've had the conversation numerous times, Slam isn't safe, so one thing here is that we can try to keep our poets safe by seeing how to best deal with this. Social Media isn't a safe place either, but we do have some people that we are trying to protect. There has to be a middle ground.
115-1 Rock Ridge Cir
MAFB, ND 58704
(701) 727-6324
psimember@charter.net