Thunderclap

Author Topic: NUPIC 2011 (miranda writes version).....Registration begins  (Read 2313 times)

Harlym 125

• Limerick
    • View Profile

NOW. If you want in for the 3rd Annual 2011 National Poetry Individual Poetry Competition, get your guts and skills right and email harlym125@aol.com with your name, city and state you represent/team as well and a reliable number for me to text NUPIC information too. This event takes place at our Nationals, which are in Cambridge/Boston this year and after the Group Piece Finals.  The PSI President has accepted the invitation and will Slam, and now there are only 15 remaining spots. Remember it still costs $125 to get in this and ALL OF THE MONEY COLLECTED GOES TO THE WINNER. NO ONE ELSE GETS PAID ANYTHING. THAT INCLUDES ME. I TAKE NOTHING OFF THE TOP, but do accept gratuity from the champ! That makes the pot substantial. By now, you all should know this is ours and we do this for our poetry fam.  No judges, just noise. No amplification, just voice. 3 minute time limit and me, Harlym 125 is your host. NUPIC......WE ARE THE RUMBLES BENEATH THE GROUND OF POETRY.

Will you be the NUPIC 2011 CHAMPION ?

AND…
Unless our community suggest otherwise, this event will AGAIN be incredible.  Understand this event is not sanctioned by PSI, or in contest with PSI, but is open to PSI Members Only.

The night for this competition will be Friday, August 12. The location and time of this competition will be undisclosed until the night of the event. Text messages identifying the time and location will be sent to an individual competitor or contact person for each team entering a poet to compete. The alternative to a text message will be direct contact from me, and word of mouth. If your team plans to enter a poet into the competition please email or contact me.  There will only be 16 spots.  I will accept entries up to the night of August 12.  In the event of a full list there will be a waiting list up to 8.  Once the list goes beyond 8, there will be a lottery to compete, which will take place on the spot at the time and location of the event.  This is unlike slam as many of you have known it and I dare you to fall in love with it again.  I am the maestro for this and depend on my hopefully honorable reputation amongst you all to make this happen with more unstoppable & phenomenal love than previous years…..
THIS IS OUR THIRD YEAR OF FIRE PEOPLE. AND THE FLAME IS BLAZING.

Here are the rules to the 
National Underground Poetry Individual Competition 2011 
(NUPIC)

1. Any 2011 registered PSI member or team can send a poet from their team to compete.
2. Each competitor/team has to "put up" $125 for their poet to enter the competition (all collected money goes to the winning poet-every cent)
3. Head to head slams at random draw (one loss and you're out) until a winner is pronounced
4. No Judges, just the crowd in attendance making the "call" based on applause, etc.
5. Winner take all (3 minute time limit enforced). There is no second or third place.
*. I'm the host

For the people thinking they are the "shit", put your money where your mouth is; while all other nominated entrants have fun, your team at the least believes in you.  Its May and you/each team has until August 12 to get your money "right", unless the list fills, in which case you run the risk of being on the waiting list or in the possible lottery.  Being on the waiting list means in the event a spot opens up, entrants will be selected from the list compiled in numerical order by order of entry onto the list. Every penny collected goes to the winning poet. No one is paying me, nor am I taking a percentage.  To further the point I have no hidden agenda, but I simply missed the energy of the Indy's Competition at Nationals and wanted to bring it back with a twist. It was all love last year, and by popular demand “it’s on” again this year….FOR A THIRD YEAR. LET’S MAKE SOME MORE MAGIC BABY!

*There is only one entrant with a pass into this competition and that is the President of PSI. And this honor is out of respect for the Presidency and the "honor" of Slam, as our President is the face and representative of the values of Slam. This event is annual and an invitation will always be extended to the PSI President.

No cameras. Just cell phones, “tweets”, and “You Tube” possibilities.  This is our continuation of a something great...............

Email all info to harlym125@aol.com or call (917) 921-1456
Required information is the competitors name (pen name is fine), State/Team being represented and a reliable number to contact or text on the night of the competition. ALL COMPETITORS WILL BE UNKNOWN UNTIL THE NIGHT OF THE COMPETITION. The only known competitor is Scott Woods, as he is the PSI President.

Let’s go fam!!!!!!!!!!!!

NUPIC 2011…..Legendary. Legacy. Raw. And how we like it.   

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scottwoodswrites.net
Re: NUPIC 2011 (miranda writes version).....Registration begins
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
Putting on my president's hat for a moment:

While PSi does not officially sign-off on this competition, we embrace its spirit, its champions and its heart. 125 is the truth as far as PSi is concerned, and this competition always draws out serious poetry guns. It don't even need half the page 125 used to sell it. This is the only thing that keeps me up at 3 AM at Nationals.

Taking off my president's cap and putting on my poet pass:

Bring that shit, 'cause I'm going to bring mine, son. Fuck your money; it's mine.

inkera

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 01:16:48 PM »
Putting on my president's hat for a moment:

While PSi does not officially sign-off on this competition, we embrace its spirit, its champions and its heart. 125 is the truth as far as PSi is concerned, and this competition always draws out serious poetry guns. It don't even need half the page 125 used to sell it. This is the only thing that keeps me up at 3 AM at Nationals.

Taking off my president's cap and putting on my poet pass:

Bring that shit, 'cause I'm going to bring mine, son. Fuck your money; it's mine.

;D What Mr. President said. I love this event and can't wait to experience it once again.
I love me MORE.......the campaign

Ransacked

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • Aliens Ransacked my Room
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 03:12:22 AM »
It was all love last year, and by popular demand “it’s on” again this year….FOR A THIRD YEAR. LET’S MAKE SOME MORE MAGIC BABY!

If you have never heard Harlym 125 punctuate a joyful sentence with "BABY!" well, you're just letting one of the finer things in life pass you by.

It don't even need half the page 125 used to sell it.

That's like saying Jimmy Hendrix could have played The Star Spangled Banner in 50 seconds if he'd just been more focused.