Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/pslam/forums/public_html/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Slam Selection Process

Author Topic: Slam Selection Process  (Read 3811 times)

amcehn

Slam Selection Process
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:23:02 PM »
Instead of having 95 teams put their process up individually, can you please email the process to me at: psimember@charter.net so I can apply it to your application. We're working out kinks in the application form as we speak. Until it's fixed email me the names of your under 21 poets and your Slam Selection process.

If you've already sent in your application, please make sure you get that information to me.
Abbey

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
Re: Slam Selection Process
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:21:06 AM »
Slammasters are required to post their process here by decree of the Slammaster's council.

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 02:01:25 PM »
Slammasters are required to post their process here by decree of the Slammaster's council.

Erik, If I recall correctly, it was "strongly suggested" but not recommended back at the NPS 2007 meeting.  Has it since been codified as mandatory?

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 06:14:31 AM »
I believe it was made a requirement to avoid situations like the one that happened in 2007. It was initially discussed that the requirement just be "public", which then turned into "on the web". Since all slams don't have websites, we made it easy and just said do it here.

Sam Castello

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Poetry Bread - You Knead It
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 09:42:31 AM »
we really need to be notified if it is mandatory. i was under the impresssion that it was "strongly encouraged".

amcehn

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 12:34:19 PM »
Whether or not it's mandatory to post in the forums, it is MANDATORY for you to get that information to me on your NPS application. Some one from EC can let us know if you have to post it here too.

jesster

• Executive Council
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 02:17:05 PM »
Whether or not it's mandatory to post in the forums, it is MANDATORY for you to get that information to me on your NPS application. Some one from EC can let us know if you have to post it here too.

The NPS application asks for the process or link to the process

-Jesse

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 02:42:21 PM »
From Slammasters Meeting NPS 2007

Motion (Deb Marsh) to have each certified venue clearly state to
            the EC and the public  as part of the certification process how they will select
            team members and what they will do  in the event that someone cannot go.
   (K. Simms) friendly amendment to put this into the rule book on p. 25 
   accepted
   Bob Wh. friendly amendment Ė to include Debís motion on the website in
   addition to local slamís site.

Motion passes with visual majority