Thunderclap

Author Topic: Fuck Cancer t-shirts  (Read 2597 times)

Evan

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/copasetic_soul
Fuck Cancer t-shirts
« on: February 01, 2010, 03:46:06 PM »
If someone knows someone that knows someone, take them this t-shirt idea: Fuck Cancer with pink bunny ears replacing the u. This wouldn't be just for Gabs but for all of us who have been affected by cancer. Having lost two cousins before they reached thirty and a 2 year old niece deal with cancer, the subject is close to me.

It's just an idea that I hope someone runs with. 
one world + one race = onelove

That Picture Poet

Billy T

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • Threehundredsixty Degrees and Rising
Re: Fuck Cancer t-shirts
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »
I don't have the time or the immediate resources, but I can co-sign the take-and-run of this idea!
Chicago Four Star PC http://www.ourstage.com/epk/chicagofourstarpoetryclub
PolyRhythmic
Temple of HipHop

WilliamJames

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • WhatIs174.com
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 11:15:22 AM »
Bad-ass idea, Evan...but just FYI, there is a group called "Shirts For A Cure" that partners with a number of different bands to benefit the Syrentha J. Savio Endowment; they had been selling a "Fuck Cancer" shirt already.

I can't imagine that the phrase "Fuck Cancer" is actually trademarked or copywritten IP, and I'd hate to think that a charitable cause would raise an issue over such a thing anyway, but if this is something that you would want to offer outside of the immediate "slam family" it's perhaps better to be aware of this group beforehand?

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 05:08:05 PM »
All,

I will have a run on G-Bunny T-Shirts happening this week.  There has been overwhelming interest.  Proceeds go to the Gabrielle Boulaine Foundation.  For info, contact:

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson on Facebook
or e-mail: gourmetpoet1@yahoo.com
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind