Thunderclap

Author Topic: August 3rd Baseball!  (Read 6775 times)

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
August 3rd Baseball!
« on: July 24, 2004, 12:45:44 PM »
St Louis Cardinals vs Montreal Expos

Left Centerfield is the place to be in Busch.  Early arrivals come join Team Dallas out in the outfield Tuesday August 3rd.  Game Time is 7:10pm St Louis time.

Gracias,

Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind

Ernst

• Haiku
    • View Profile
Fellow baseball nut
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:29:04 PM »
I've heard the Cardinals are one of the toughest tickets in baseball.  Should we be ordering ahead for that Tuesday night game, or is it too late for that?  I realize it's only the Expos, but still....

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.4luvofpoetry.com
August 3rd Baseball!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »
ooh...

I've never been to a baseball game before...

*begins thinking about this...seriously*
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
Re: Fellow baseball nut
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 01:55:16 PM »
Quote from: "Ernst"
I've heard the Cardinals are one of the toughest tickets in baseball.  Should we be ordering ahead for that Tuesday night game, or is it too late for that?  I realize it's only the Expos, but still....

I went ahead and called the ticket office and purchased seats in the bleachers.  Just to make sure.  To late to get them sent to you by mail...will call works at any window at that stadium.  

Bringing the big scoop to catch the big fly!  See you guys at the game
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind

DiMBy

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dimbyville.com
St. Louis
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 03:49:27 PM »
Sorry i didn't see this thread sooner...yes, the cardinals are one of a few teams in the league that draw over 3 million fans each year...tickets to a game are very hard to come by if you wait until the week of the game you wish to go to...

Factoid, if you are wondering why St. Louis draws so well, it is because of KMOX radio which reaches Kansas, Nebraska, Tenn, Kty, Arkansas and as far away as the Carolinas and the Dakotas...cities that do not have a team tend to be cardinal fans.

--daniel
he Clown

Eric

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
August 3rd Baseball!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 09:15:43 PM »
Boston and Ann Arbor will be mutually consorting with the enemy in section 507 (which is right center field) on Tuesday- I just bought tix for us.

I thought I was getting left center tix, but I apparently got my sections mixed up. Damn. I'm going insane trying to get packed for the trip. If any other teams end up in 507, come say hi. We'll be the morons heckling the Expos in rhymed couplets.

Becky316

• phpBB Tuna Can
  • Limerick
    • View Profile
August 3rd Baseball!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 08:31:15 AM »
i really should buy a ticket

Eric

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
August 3rd Baseball!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 04:02:02 PM »
Becky- I bought a spare- it's yours if you want it. It'd be me, you, Ernst and Simone from my team

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
August 3rd Baseball!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 04:46:10 PM »
Don't take it Becky. He's trying to lure you into a boiling pot of baked beans!

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
August 3rd Baseball!
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2004, 08:51:24 AM »
I thought I was getting left center tix, but I apparently got my sections mixed up. Damn. I'm going insane trying to get packed for the trip. If any other teams end up in 507, come say hi. We'll be the morons heckling the Expos in rhymed couplets.[/quote]

Eric....Dallas will join in the "metaphoric" crowd wave.  Expect us only to stand from our seats to catch a "big fly", make a beer run (which eventually brings on the bathroom run), or to cheer the best haiku to make either centerfielder acknowledge the poets.....Look for a bunch of loud Texans (with Jason Carney being the loudest) in left center!
Cat
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind