Author Topic: Paging Scott the Mysterious (Otherwise Known as El Presidente)  (Read 3373 times)

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
Paging Scott the Mysterious (Otherwise Known as El Presidente)
« on: January 01, 2010, 02:53:34 PM »

sewoods1
View Profile WWW Email Personal Message (Offline)

Hosting a PSi Event - Step 1 - Requirements
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »

All,

You will begin to see in this forum documents posted for the purposes of those people, cities or crews interested in hosting a PSi event. 

I will attempt to post them in the order in which they should be navigated, and add instructional information as we go.  PSi wants anyone who is capable of running these events to have the opportunity to be considered, and we certainly want anyone interested to be aware of the process.  If you've got the venues, the audience and the crew, we WANT to consider you.

Please find attached the simplest sheet we have: the Events Requirement Sheet.  It basically lists the infrastructure requirements we need to run the tournament, primarily venues.  If you have these items in reasonable distance to an acceptable hotel and to each other, you may very well be a contender for running a PSi event.

This is step 1: Do you have the things we need to even consider your city?  This document gives you the broadest stroke possible to determine that.

If you feel you pass this test then you should get in contact with me, any EC representative or our Executive Director Steve Marsh and see what events are available for bids, and in what years.  We try to award bids to cities with a two year lead time when possible, so it is possible that even if we haven't announced a city for a particular year we are considering one or more already.

Also: hosts for NPS and iWPS go before a SlamMaster vote (when the window for bids hasn’t passed or no acceptable cities are found in that window).  Hosts for all WOWps events are picked by the EC only.

Also: Anyone can bid on an event.  It need not be a SlamMaster or even a member of PSi...but it would sure help your case.

More info and process to come!

Thank you family,
Scott Woods

President, PSi

So Whereis the attachment for this info, again.
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scottwoodswrites.net
Re: Paging Scott the Mysterious (Otherwise Known as El Presidente)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 02:03:02 PM »
At the bottom of the original post.

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:38:26 AM »
I don't see an attachment at  the bottom of the original post
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:02 AM »
Said, I still see the attachment there but to for future reference I went ahead and pasted the contents of the document right into the thread for everyone.  Thank you for checking!

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 10:10:39 AM »
And for anyone looking for this information the trhead is here:

http://www.poetryslam.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438.0

bobdapoet

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Anthology, inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »
Just so ya know, good sir, I have not seen the actual attachment either... Brother Said is not crazy, unless I am crazy too, I am sure Brother Said does not want to be crazy like me...

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 01:19:10 PM »
Just so ya know, good sir, I have not seen the actual attachment either... Brother Said is not crazy, unless I am crazy too, I am sure Brother Said does not want to be crazy like me...

I concur that you are both nuts, yet unable to see the attachment regardless.  Not sure what that's about, but anytime any ofyou see a reference to an attachment that isn't there, I'll try to make sure the contents are displayed regardless.  Not as pretty, but just as informative.

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 09:05:47 AM »
It should be visible to everyone now.

Scott has an admin account here, which means he can do and see things on this board that others can't, like post and view attachments in this area. I adjusted the permissions for this board so anyone can download view and download attachments. 

Scott, you should make a new test account so you can see the board like everyone else, thus avoiding this type of problem.

bobdapoet

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Anthology, inc.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
Indeed it is there now, Big E! Thanks...