Author Topic: 2010 Lafayette, LA National Slam Team Update  (Read 1846 times)

The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe

• Sonnet
  • The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe
    • View Profile
    • DwnTown Poetry Krewe National Website
2010 Lafayette, LA National Slam Team Update
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:29:07 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen: & Lovers of Spoken Word Poetry,

This is Yah Fu founder/slam master of the Spoken Innovation Poetry Slam of Lafayette, LA.
On Friday December 18 @ Bisbano’s Pizza Cellar Door 1540 Johnson Street Lafayette, LA 70501 we will have the 2010 Lafayette Louisiana National Poetry Slam Team Slam-off, A Large Free Pizza, and Draft Beer for the winning poets. If you are a performance poet and would like a chance to represent the beautiful city of Lafayette, LA at the 2010 National Poetry Slam which will take place in St. Paul, Minnesota the 1st week in August then I encourages you to bring at least five original poems, sign your name on the list, and compete for your chance to make the team.

After all the poets performs there original poems before a receptive audience the top 5 poets, will be named the 2010 Lafayette, LA National Poetry Slam Team. This event as always will be free to the public and the poets so bring your family and friends to this major, major, event of live performance poet on a beautiful Friday night.

This is the Spoken Innovation Poetry Slam and we invite you to join us and help us grow into something special. We need judges, and a time keeper to volunteer at this historic event that will be hosted by Steven Cooper of Lafayette, LA. So poets the Spoken Innovation Poetry Slam invites you to come out, compete, and embrace the moment to be name the 2010 Lafayette National Poetry Slam Team.

Thank you very much for you’re time and attention
Yours truly, Yah Fu Founder/Slam Master of the Spoken Innovation Poetry Slam
The Award Winning Dwn Town Poetry Krewe "Home of the Red Beans & Write Poetry Slam Team 
takes place the last Saturday of the month!
@ The AOC Community Media Room
101 Jefferson Street, Suite 100, Lafayette, LA 70501. DwnTownpoetry@gmail.com

karen_g

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/artamokslamteam
Re: 2010 Lafayette, LA National Slam Team Update
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:25:19 AM »
Hey, YahFu, we need a W& I bout and I have the first Friday in February open if you're interested
nerak_g

The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe

• Sonnet
  • The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe
    • View Profile
    • DwnTown Poetry Krewe National Website
Re: 2010 Lafayette, LA National Slam Team Update
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 05:30:51 PM »
Thank you for the invitation Karen G, here is the situation, We had a slam on December 18 and we have picked our 2010 Slam Team, but I don't think we would be certified in time to have a win and your in bout in 2010 because this was our 3rd slam of the season so we need at least 6 slams to certify a venue,  I do have tons of evidence to send PSI and I wanted to go to the 2010 Nationals So Bad.But I have decided not to rush it and follow the rules, put away my pride and be patient. You would might want to get in contact with Kurt Hardesty of slam Montevallo I think he is closest certified venue nearest ATL. I think in our current situation sending a poet to IWPS2010 is more suitable for us in which my organization and our Venue Manager have agreed to six more months of slams up until June 2010. March 2010 would be our scheduled 6 slam and we look forward of Certifying our venue then.

Thank you very much
Yah Fu
Spoken Innovation
Poetry Slam Master
The Award Winning Dwn Town Poetry Krewe "Home of the Red Beans & Write Poetry Slam Team 
takes place the last Saturday of the month!
@ The AOC Community Media Room
101 Jefferson Street, Suite 100, Lafayette, LA 70501. DwnTownpoetry@gmail.com