Author Topic: Wow! LA poet stunning!  (Read 5485 times)

Rotting

• Haiku
    • View Profile
Wow! LA poet stunning!
« on: July 14, 2009, 02:49:35 PM »
I just got to see Tik Tok Faratalouty perform in LA. This guy is LEGIT!

One of the very, very few poets that makes you really, REALLY think about his content. Presentation/timing is perfect. This guy is a real star. I cannot WAIT to see him perform again. Sorry if I'm overexcited, but I haven't been "into" a poet like this for quite some time.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dCMDOpQ0DQ

The_Klute

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Re: Wow! LA poet stunning!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »

Worst Viral Marketing Campaign... Ever.
"Quiet, GIR! Do you want to wake up the whole planet?" - Zim

"I do." - GIR

Rotting

• Haiku
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:53:15 PM »

Worst Viral Marketing Campaign... Ever.

I don't even know what you mean by that. I'm not trying to market anything. I just like the dude's poetry (he's a great poet--go see him for yourself). I guess you were just dead set on being a dick when you logged onto the board today.

The_Klute

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »
I don't even know what you mean by that. I'm not trying to market anything. I just like the dude's poetry (he's a great poet--go see him for yourself). I guess you were just dead set on being a dick when you logged onto the board today.

OK.  First off, you come on to the forum, and insult, you know, pretty much everybody on here by saying:

"One of the very, very few poets that makes you really, REALLY think about his content."

I know a lot of poets.  I don't know there is poet that I've not thought about their content.  Care to name some poets you don't think craft their verse to the point where you don't think about their content?

Second,

This guy is a real star.

If stardom is what you're looking to out of poetry, I might suggest you're into poetry for the wrong reasons.  It's the words that matter.  The person is secondary.

Third,

Your post reads like the bad male enhancement ads that clutter everyone's in-boxes. 

Fourth,

The fact that you've never cared to sign up to the Poetry Slam listserv before today and rather than an introduction to YOURSELF we get: "HEY! CHECK OUT THIS GUY! NO, DON'T LOOK AT ME!  THIS GUY!"

Fifth,

I guess you were just dead set on being a dick when you logged onto the board today.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

"I do." - GIR

Rotting

• Haiku
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:05:43 PM »
OK.  First off, you come on to the forum, and insult, you know, pretty much everybody on here by saying:

"One of the very, very few poets that makes you really, REALLY think about his content."

I know a lot of poets.  I don't know there is poet that I've not thought about their content.  Care to name some poets you don't think craft their verse to the point where you don't think about their content?

"You say that like it's a bad thing." Some poets are direct, some are somewhat cryptic. This one happens to be very, very deep. Not necessarily a good or bad point. It's just his style. Stop being so sensitive.

Second,

This guy is a real star.

If stardom is what you're looking to out of poetry, I might suggest you're into poetry for the wrong reasons.  It's the words that matter.  The person is secondary.

I'll remember to refrain from using figures of speech when anticipating that you'll read my posts.

Third,

Your post reads like the bad male enhancement ads that clutter everyone's in-boxes.

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

Fourth,

The fact that you've never cared to sign up to the Poetry Slam listserv before today and rather than an introduction to YOURSELF we get: "HEY! CHECK OUT THIS GUY! NO, DON'T LOOK AT ME!  THIS GUY!"

Sorry! A thousand apologies. I just happened to "get into" the scene very recently. Tik Tok was a big part of that. So, I wanted to share my enthusiasm. I'll post my CV and bio for your perusal directly.

Fifth,

I guess you were just dead set on being a dick when you logged onto the board today.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Not at all! You're infallible. I mean it. Don't even respond to this line. I mean it with every ounce of my soul. I want to be on you.

The_Klute

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:20:50 PM »
Some poets are direct, some are somewhat cryptic. This one happens to be very, very deep. Not necessarily a good or bad point. It's just his style. Stop being so sensitive.

Hmmm.  This seems like you're back-tracking.  First, most of the other poets suck because they don't make you think, now being "very, very deep" is neither good nor bad.

WHICH IS IT SENATOR!?!?!

I'll remember to refrain from using figures of speech when anticipating that you'll read my posts.

I am as constant as the Northern Star...  and other bits of Shakespeare I've cleaved from movies.

I'll post my CV and bio for your perusal directly.

And remember, blue or black ink only, and please file it in triplicate.

You're infallible. I mean it. Don't even respond to this line. I mean it with every ounce of my soul. I want to be on you.

And now you're disrepecting my Pope.  Your anti-Catholic bias offends me.

"I do." - GIR

Rotting

• Haiku
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »
Some poets are direct, some are somewhat cryptic. This one happens to be very, very deep. Not necessarily a good or bad point. It's just his style. Stop being so sensitive.

Hmmm.  This seems like you're back-tracking.  First, most of the other poets suck because they don't make you think, now being "very, very deep" is neither good nor bad.

WHICH IS IT SENATOR!?!?!

I never, ever said that "other poets suck because.....". You just made that up for some sweet-ass reason.

Anyways, I'll get that CV to you asap.

Faylita Hicks

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »
 :o.....RRRRRIIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTTTT....

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 08:54:53 PM »
I can hardly hear anything on this video.  I think it's about a penis.

Why do we let Klute create accounts just so he can argue with himself? ;)

-Jesster

Rev. Bill Macmillan

• Awards Committee
  • Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Worcester Poets' Asylum
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »

-Jesster

Bwahaha!

-bill mac
"My sense of God is my sense of wonder about the universe"
-Albert Einstein

bobdapoet

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Anthology, inc.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 12:00:17 AM »

-Jesster

It keeps him out of the old folks homes...

The_Klute

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 01:03:01 AM »
I've actually just now seen the link. 

I don't think I was sarcastic enough.

"I do." - GIR

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2009, 08:43:40 AM »
I think I got more content out of the sound of mic hitting floor than any single syllable uttered before it.
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind

TSPrunier

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/slamrichmond
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2009, 09:06:10 AM »
"You cannot f**k what you cannot s**k."

Ummm... how about no.

Chris Rock and Ralphie May called and want him to stop dropping the mic.

/Like the idea of a 30-second speed slam. Though we don't offer "entires." We offer poems. It is a poetry slam after all.

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2009, 06:12:23 PM »
Best thread all week tbqh.