Thunderclap

Author Topic: YouTube  (Read 4971 times)

Buddy_Wakefield

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buddywakefield.com
YouTube
« on: June 12, 2009, 03:53:05 PM »
Hiya,

If anyone knows how to directly contact the YouTuber who goes by the handle KateJB2 and can get me in touch with her/him (outside of YouTube messaging), I can commit a reasonable return favor somewhere down the road when ya need it.

KateJB2 has a video called "Disclaimer" posted from PSI's 2005 iWPS DVD that I deeply wish to be removed. In 1999 when I wrote that piece, before I had any inkling I'd come this far with regards to exposure, I used real names and got off on expressing more tragedy than I'm any longer comfortable with. I'm frankly a little embarrassed by the degree to which I outed my family members and that the surviving members are forced to live with my choice to expose so many of our negative details. I know it hurts them to see it and be reminded of it, and to know any of their/our peers can watch it on YouTube as we grow to leave it be. I've sent Kate about seven messages with the hopes that she'll remove the video, to no avail.

KateJB2 hasn't logged on in over a month so I'd like to contact her directly. She's responsible for a good many poetry videos up and seems to be doin' a great thing gettin' the word out there, but - out of respect - I'd sure be relieved to get this 1 video removed with as little lecture or hassel as possible.

PSI is the only place the piece is available and I'd sure like to keep it that way.

Thanks for Understanding,

Bud

dlhoratio

• Limerick
    • View Profile
Re: YouTube
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »
Hey Buddy -

I flagged the video as inappropriate, which I would ordinarily never do, but thought maybe if the user won't respond, Youtube will.  I explained in my note that the artist had requested its removal, and that the user was not compliant, and offered a line from the poem that Youtube might categorize as reason enough to take it down.

Hope it works out!

~Dane

Ransacked

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • Aliens Ransacked my Room
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 10:47:23 AM »
That's a tough spot to be in, Buddy. I hope it comes down.

Chad has said this very well, on stage and in this forum, that the Internet never forgets, and therefore the Internet is not our friend.

There's such a tension between getting the word out and keeping control on what the word is. Some of my poems are racing around the Internet like children refusing to come back inside after recess.

Buddy_Wakefield

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 03:52:40 PM »
Hey Buddy -

I flagged the video as inappropriate, which I would ordinarily never do, but thought maybe if the user won't respond, Youtube will.  I explained in my note that the artist had requested its removal, and that the user was not compliant, and offered a line from the poem that Youtube might categorize as reason enough to take it down.

Hope it works out!

~Dane

Oooo, Dane, THANK YOU. Great idea. Appreciate the help.

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »
If the video is a direct rip from a PSi DVD, then its infringing on our copyright (PSI owns copyright on the video, not the piece), and we can have it removed that way. Are you sure you want to do that?

Buddy_Wakefield

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 10:22:55 AM »
If the video is a direct rip from a PSi DVD, then its infringing on our copyright (PSI owns copyright on the video, not the piece), and we can have it removed that way. Are you sure you want to do that?

I'm absolutely sure I wanna do that, Boss. Thank you.
The flagging doesn't seem to be working, and only y'all are allowed to deal with the copyright issue.
Would be glad to do a return favor.
Many Thanks, Bud

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 09:06:04 PM »
I will make it so.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 09:40:00 PM »
Oh my.

Buddy_Wakefield

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 03:04:44 PM »
Eric, thank you!

Steve, why are you quoting my mother? And did you get the licensing check? And why haven't you signed the adoption papers?

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 05:43:26 PM »
It's gone-  and Steve is snarking at me not you. We have an ongoing discussion involving copyright.

Buddy_Wakefield

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 07:11:54 PM »
You freaking rock, Sir. And THANK YOU! And I owe ya one.

P.S. I don't think Steve would ever snark at me. He loves me way too much. If I could have chosen my own father, it would have been him. No, I would have chosen Gregory Peck, but I would have no doubt considered Steve for #1 sister. Best warm hugs in the whole world when he's not cursing. I owe you too Steve!