Thunderclap

Author Topic: Dirty little rumor im checking on...did NPS announce a site for 2010?  (Read 8051 times)

Hakim Bellamy

• Haiku
    • View Profile
Yes/No. and if so, is that site Philadelphia, PA?

I heard it...and I'll go to the grave with my sources, but I was just curious.

Thanks
Hak
www.myspace.com/hakimbellamyazhizelf

inkera

• Executive Council
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
PSi has not announced a location for 2010. Philadelphia PA has stated they are interested in hosting though.

Inkera
I love me MORE.......the campaign

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scottwoodswrites.net
Let me further clarify:

PSi is not actively considering a host for 2010 at this time, considering the workload of 2009 right now.  We aren't quietly sitting on a host that we've voted on behind closed doors and just haven't announced.  Right now you know as much about 2010 as we do.
We're so focused on 2009 that, in all seriousness, I don't even want to hear a question about 2010 unless it's from an interested host until the first day of NPS in Florida.

So, no.

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
i heard NPS 2010 was gonna be in Gotham.... untill PSI found out that Arkham was one of the Venue sites.....it was all downhill form there.....
And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music...
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
Rumor Mill #2

i heard NPS 2010 was gonna be in Mordor.... untill PSI found out that some Little Person had inadvertently destroyed the Host City Organizer....it was all downhill form there.....
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
I heard it was gonna be in Logic's living room if he doesn't quit spreading rumors.

tabannon

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • Poets Anonymous K-Zoo
Unless something is changed I'm not aware of, the slam-masters still vote on bids, right? So unless there was an emergency situation like this year with Madison dropping out, we don't have to worry about 2010 being decided on without our knowledge.

Todd Bannon

Poets Anonymous K'Zoo
1st and 3rd Mondays:
Papa Pete's Coffee Bar, 502 South Burdick Street
1st and 3rd Wednesdays:
Dino's Coffee Lounge, 773 West Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scottwoodswrites.net
Unless something is changed I'm not aware of, the slam-masters still vote on bids, right? So unless there was an emergency situation like this year with Madison dropping out, we don't have to worry about 2010 being decided on without our knowledge.

Actually, the window for bids and voting for 2010 has well passed, so yes, the EC has to pick a host for that year too.
This was pointed out a while back, and in a meeting.

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
Rumor Mill #3
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »
i heard NPS 2010 was gonna be in Troy.... untill PSI found out that some jerks with wooden horses had  accidently  burned down all the possible venue sites....it was all downhill form there.....
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

TSPrunier

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/slamrichmond
Sorry, can't resist:

I heard NPS was going to be in...

... Cloud City, but the mayor made a deal with the government that keeps getting altered. We pray they won't alter it again.

... Metropolis, but this poet in a cape wrangled the Finals stage into a venue floating 500 feet above ground and only he can get to it.

... Shermer, Illinois, but their slam master, John Bender, is in detention for two months.

... Cabot Cove, Maine, but the population (3,000) is relatively small -- and that spate of 800 murders between 1984 and 1996 makes one suspicious*.

... Springfield, but I hear cops in neighboring Ohio, Nevada, Maine and Kentucky are kind of dicks.

Yeah, think I'm done now.

/San Dimas High School football rules!

* setting of "Murder She Wrote"

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
Rumor Mill #4
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 07:14:40 AM »
i heard NPS 2010 was gonna be in Alderaan.... untill PSI found out that some Megalomaniac destroyed it with a fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station...it was all downhill form there.....
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor Mill #4
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 08:48:23 AM »
i heard NPS 2010 was gonna be in Alderaan.... untill PSI found out that some Megalomaniac destroyed it with a fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station...it was all downhill form there.....

That's okay, we will just move it to Vulcan.  That's sure to be much safer!

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.4luvofpoetry.com
y'all got issues
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
Re: Rumor Mill #4
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »

That's okay, we will just move it to Vulcan.  That's sure to be much safer!

i heard NPS 2010 was gonna be on Vulcan.... untill PSI found out that the host organizers deemed Artist Competition, poets, poetry, and  Will Evans biceps all illogical...it was all downhill form there.....
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
RUMOR Mill # 6
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 01:21:36 PM »
 heard NPS 2010 was gonna be in Purgatory.... untill PSI found out that the hosts city organizers just couldn't quite drum up enough interest...it was all downhill from there.....
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch