Author Topic: To The Women of WoW.....  (Read 2137 times)

Evan

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/copasetic_soul
To The Women of WoW.....
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:22:28 PM »
i wasnt even sure if the trip would be possible until the last minute but......the performances, affection, laughs and love shown, was well worth the 11 hr bus ride and 7 hour roadtrip (shout out to Henzbo and Taz).

it was a pleasure to watch and listen to EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU LADIES, deliver some great work. it was the inspiration i needed at this time.

im very proud of the ladies from Detroit; Phoenix, Cassie, Arika ...im missing someone, sorry....for putting an awesome show.

im so proud of my Southern Fried Slam sisters; Gypsy Yo, Ocean, Theresa Davis and Sheba for putting it DOWN on the finals stage!!!

Jerri Hardesty (sp) for winning the Haiku Slam.

if you missed the YOUTH SLAM, smack yourself NOW!!! These young ladies brought some serious heat to the stage!

Rachel, you are the baddest. thanks for sharing your words. your victory was well earned. its always nice when the coolest girl in school, knows your name....yea, im giddy about that!!

the only bad thing about this weekend....was the cheating that took place at the men vs women battle. we SHALL have our revenge!!!

to the old friends and the new ones (female and male),  thank you for a great weekend. 

onelove
one world + one race = onelove

That Picture Poet

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
Re: To The Women of WoW.....
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »

the only bad thing about this weekend....was the cheating that took place at the men vs women battle. we SHALL have our revenge!!!

There was cheating at a PSi event?  You think they "planned to cheat"?

I blame facebook.

You know, in all seriousness, I had just an amazing time.  I just kept thinking about how great these poets were.  And everyone was just so friendly and lovely.  I was blown away by both the performance and the way people conducted themselves.  Great time!

-Jesster

Arrian

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 01:18:37 PM »
I was extremely proud to be a part of a community where the support for WOWps was not limited to the women. Thank you for those who came out, participated, supported, contributed to an event that specifically identifies Women as the focus but were not deterred simply because of that fact.

I'd list all the men, but really, you know who you are

and Thank You.
Phoenix, AZ

mscassiepoet@yahoo.com

• Epic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:14:57 AM »
Double Diddo, Arrian.  The women are the reason we have this event but the men ... we love your support. 

Everybody was so absolutely amazing.  The prelims that I was able to attend at 1515 Broadway were awesome.  The ladies tore the house down so many times with their words and the energy was fierce.  I had such a great time with everyone.  Finals was fire from beginning to end.  I was in awe by every, single piece that hit the stage.  Thank you ladies.  Thank you so much.
Cassie Poe
305 Eastlawn St.
Detroit, MI  48215
mscassiepoet@yahoo.com
(313) 680-POET (7638)