Thunderclap

Author Topic: see you in charlotte?  (Read 10433 times)

Billy T

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • Threehundredsixty Degrees and Rising
Re: see you in charlotte?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 06:15:51 PM »
won't get there til thurs morn
Chicago Four Star PC http://www.ourstage.com/epk/chicagofourstarpoetryclub
PolyRhythmic
Temple of HipHop

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 01:25:49 AM »

Three hundred and some odd dollars for a plane ticket to Charlotte from Dallas...96 dollars in gasoline there and back in my beautiful Puerto Rican wife's incredibly fuel efficient Honda Civic.  Don't think of it as 15 hours behind the wheel, think of it as 15 CDs I get to listen to.

Number 1: Sea Change by Beck, and who knows what the next 14 will be.

Mad Respeck...See you guys next week.

Joaquin

Yo daddio....I think of it as a three hour plane ride with 2 movies to watch on the i-pod and what will pop up on the shuffle after that.  Looking forward to seeing you in Charlotte my friend
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind

The Mexican

• Haiku
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 03:32:06 PM »
"Yo daddio....I think of it as a three hour plane ride with 2 movies to watch on the i-pod and what will pop up on the shuffle after that.  Looking forward to seeing you in Charlotte my friend"

Amigo, true dat double true!  I may have to let the IPod shuffle for a while as well to break up the monotony.  I'm looking to get in Wednesday evening hopefully early enough to catch the Last Chance Slam, always one of the hottest events at IWPS!  I'm crashing with our homie Mighty Mike Mcgee Wednesday night but will be in the host hotel come Thursday.  I can't remember if it was you, Rock, or someone else who discovered the down home cookin' joint a couple of blocks from the host hotel at the '06 IWPS in Charlotte but come hell, highwater, or haiku, we gotta' eat there again.

See you soon amigo,

Joaquin   

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 04:42:02 PM »
Merts....mmmmmm

dawn_m_gabriel

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 05:07:36 PM »
After checking into the Holiday Inn, it was straight to Merts.  I concur with the MMMMMM.

inkera

• Executive Council
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 06:09:51 PM »
Merts (if that is what you are referring to) is actually right next to the hotel.

You have to try the soul rolls-blackeyed peas, collard greens, and rice deep fried egg roll style

What in the world?????? MMMMMMMMMM is so true

If anyone arriving into town tonight wants to get an early start on the poetry it is going down in the Historic Arts District at Wine Up Bar and Lounge  3306 N. Davidson Street (less than a 10 car ride or you can catch the #3 or #23 bus and get off at Davidson and 36th Street)

Call for directions if needed (864) 980-1282
I love me MORE.......the campaign