Author Topic: PSi Wants You! (To MC or Bout Manage at iWPS 2008)  (Read 4848 times)

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
PSi Wants You! (To MC or Bout Manage at iWPS 2008)
« on: October 19, 2008, 08:11:01 PM »
If you are an experienced and energetic showperson, PSi wants you!

If you lost your IWPS qualifier but still want to experience the awesome show that is IWPS, be an MC !

If you have been thinking, "How do I get involved in the organization ?" Be a Bout Manager !

If you want to join the elite ranks of NPS MCs, this will get your foot in the door!

Requirements: PSi membership (we can do this on site or you can take care of it now on poetryslam.com), A lot of MC experience, a good attitude, the ability to show up in Charlotte on time, working knowledge of iWPS rules a plus. Prior iWPS or NPS experience is valued but not a requirement.

There are 24 spots for MCs and bout managers at IWPS so get your name in early. You will receive a pass to all events, just like the poets, and more stage time than the poets themselves !

There will be an MC/BM meeting, possibly on Wednesday before the tournament (details TBA) It will be mandatory for all MCs and Bout Managers.

If you are still interested, register for our mailing list here:

http://poetryslam.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=3

Please note, if you have previously signed up on one of my lists, you still need to register there!

You will receive further information via that list.

Please feel free to cross-post this on your blogs, websites, myspace pages, and coffee-house cork boards.

Thank you for your time.
-Erik Daniel

Tony

• Limerick
    • View Profile
Re: PSi Wants You! (To MC or Bout Manage at iWPS 2008)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »
I'm down to MC/bout manage on one night anyway, Erik.  I'll be in Charlotte early, so no worries there.

Tony B

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:35:53 PM »
If you are an experienced and energetic showperson, PSi wants you!

If you lost your IWPS qualifier but still want to experience the awesome show that is IWPS, be an MC !

If you have been thinking, "How do I get involved in the organization ?" Be a Bout Manager !

If you want to join the elite ranks of NPS MCs, this will get your foot in the door!

Requirements: PSi membership (we can do this on site or you can take care of it now on poetryslam.com), A lot of MC experience, a good attitude, the ability to show up in Charlotte on time, working knowledge of iWPS rules a plus. Prior iWPS or NPS experience is valued but not a requirement.

There are 24 spots for MCs and bout managers at IWPS so get your name in early. You will receive a pass to all events, just like the poets, and more stage time than the poets themselves !

There will be an MC/BM meeting, possibly on Wednesday before the tournament (details TBA) It will be mandatory for all MCs and Bout Managers.

If you are still interested, register for our mailing list here:

http://poetryslam.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=3

Please note, if you have previously signed up on one of my lists, you still need to register there!

You will receive further information via that list.

Please feel free to cross-post this on your blogs, websites, myspace pages, and coffee-house cork boards.

Thank you for your time.
-Erik Daniel

Ooo!  Pick me!  I've been waiting for this post, Mr. Daniel.

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »
I'm interested.
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2008, 07:19:22 PM »
Good good, thank you!   Please sign up for that list I linked if you haven't already.

Space is still available folks, so sign up!

sildag

• Haiku
    • View Profile
    • SilDag Promotion
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »
IWPS in Charlotte will be amazing. Signed up. Let's do it.

KirkHardesty

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 09:46:51 AM »
I'd love to help, but won't be there early enough   :(

Kirk