Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/pslam/forums/public_html/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
iWPS 2008 registration is open!!!!

Author Topic: iWPS 2008 registration is open!!!!  (Read 3648 times)

inkera

• Executive Council
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
iWPS 2008 registration is open!!!!
« on: September 20, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »
iWPS 2008 registration is open!!

Poetry Slam Inc. (PSi) and SlamCharlotte have partnered together to bring you the individual World Poetry Slam. The event will be held in Charlotte NC from 10-13 Dec. 2008.

iWPS is a 3 day poetry competition featuring 72 poets from across the world. The poets will compete for cash prizes, a chap book deal, and a year of bragging rights.

Register now for your chance to be one of the 72 poets from across the world battling for the oportunity to be the number one poet in the world.

For the first two months of registration 50 slots are reserved for individual representatives of certified PSI venues. Those are available on a first come, first served basis and only the SlamMaster may register the individual representative for his or her slam. The other 17 slots are available to any member of PSI who doesn't have regular access to a local slam, with preference given to those who live the farthest away from the site of the event and those living outside the host nation.

On November 1st, if there are still slots available, they are open to all members of PSI, regardless of location or venue representation on a first come, first served basis.

Additionally, there will be a "last chance" slam held the Wednesday before iWPS as well as an online video slam. The winners of these two competitions each get one slot with registration paid by PSi . The EC will also permit past iWPS champions to register without qualification through local slams until Oct. 31st. After Oct. 31st, if these slots are not taken, they will be open to all members of PSi regardless of location or venue representation on a first come, first served basis.

Get your application in as soon as possible BEFORE November 1 to assure yourself of the best chance to compete.

To learn more about iWPS and how to register, please go to www.individualworldpoetryslam.com.

If you have questions or concerns, please send us a message through the contact us page on the website or at the numbers listed below.

Mike Simms, Host City Coordinator  (704) 401-8319
Inkera Oshun, Exectutive Council Liaison  (864) 980-1282
Lifetime Member, Poetry Slam, Inc.
Former EC Member, Poetry Slam, Inc.
Artistic Director, SlamCharlotte
Event Coordinator, iWPS
Assistant Tournament Director, Southern Fried Poetry Slam

The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe

• Sonnet
  • The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe
    • View Profile
    • DwnTown Poetry Krewe National Website
Re: iWPS 2008 registration is open!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 01:51:57 PM »
Can storm poets registere now are they have to wait until November 1?
The Award Winning Dwn Town Poetry Krewe "Home of the Red Beans & Write Poetry Slam Team 
takes place the last Saturday of the month!
@ The AOC Community Media Room
101 Jefferson Street, Suite 100, Lafayette, LA 70501. DwnTownpoetry@gmail.com

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 02:17:04 PM »
They should register now, but they won't know for sure if they are in until after November 1.

bryan pattillo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 03:13:19 AM »
I am currently living in Japan and would like to apply as a storm poet. I prefer to live off the grid, therefore I have no bank account or credit cards, hence online registration is out. Is there any way to reserve a spot and make payment upon arrival? Please take into account the distance that I am travelling. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:51:23 AM »
Bryan, can't accept payment upon arrival, but you could mail a check or money order in the amount of your registration to PSi and I'll put you on the list. Should be done before November 1 to secure you best chance for inclusion. Let me know.