Author Topic: NPS 2009 will be in...  (Read 20751 times)

mikehenry

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • http://www.slamchannel.com
Re: NPS 2009 will be in...
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 02:06:15 AM »

If each venue raised $200 that would do a lot going forward and going backward. True, PSi is going to end up in a deficit and needs the help, but so is Madison. They need the help too. I'd love to see a Mike Henry-Phil West team energizing fund raisers at the local level to help out forward and back. And I'd love to see any other SlamMaster join them in that process. The sooner the better.

(You KNEW I was going to take you up on the offer, didn't you?)

I did indeed!  This is the sort of thing that I think we actually can get done to help out this year.  Would be nice if there were sort of branding or PR spin towards making this a "campaign" of sorts.  I'll talk to Phil.

But yes.  I agree, and we're in.

mh

tabannon

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • Poets Anonymous K-Zoo
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »
I've always thought we should have an NPS in Florida. My only downside is my Irish blood hates the heat. Can we move NPS to March this year?  ;D
Todd Bannon

Poets Anonymous K'Zoo
1st and 3rd Mondays:
Papa Pete's Coffee Bar, 502 South Burdick Street
1st and 3rd Wednesdays:
Dino's Coffee Lounge, 773 West Michigan Avenue
Kalamazoo, MI

dansully

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • http://www.whoisdansully.com
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »
I'll host it at my apartment.  I got a 2 bedroom to myself on the southside.  Waddya think?  There's a taco joint a block away and I have OnDemand.
Dan "Sully" Sullivan
www.whoisdansully.com

Tracy Townsend

• Limerick
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 07:14:22 PM »
Yay. I wanna go to Florida.

I will confess that I burst into flame in direct sunlight.

The sun and Irish people have had a long abusive relationship rife with VPO's and SPF 1,000 sunblock.
The Cherokee blood won out with the rest of the family and they get tickled at my complete lack of melanin. How can that happen?

Yes, you will see me at Nats wearing a cowboy hat. Actually the real reason I wear one walking around. You can get skin cancer on your scalp. Happened to my uncle (no blood relation & he's ok now)

If each venue raised $200 that would do a lot going forward and going backward. True, PSi is going to end up in a deficit and needs the help, but so is Madison. They need the help too. I'd love to see a Mike Henry-Phil West team energizing fund raisers at the local level to help out forward and back. And I'd love to see any other SlamMaster join them in that process. The sooner the better.

(You KNEW I was going to take you up on the offer, didn't you?)

I did indeed!  This is the sort of thing that I think we actually can get done to help out this year.  Would be nice if there were sort of branding or PR spin towards making this a "campaign" of sorts.  I'll talk to Phil.

But yes.  I agree, and we're in.

mh

How about April & Nat'l poetry month. Everyone get together and plan a fundraiser a day for PSI throughout the country.  Each venue picks a day (more than 1 can happen at a time).  With 70 some odd teams at Nats last year, probably wouldn't be too hard to fill each day. Keep the goal for each venue at $200. In doing so, we could pool all media contacts and probably get a much higher profile news-wise than if each venue planned their own fundraiser.

Soooo whatcha think?
A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
W. H. Auden

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 06:14:25 PM »
I'll be kicking it with Colin Gilbert in Delray/West Palm next Tuesday with Chris the Imperial.  There will be some reports and pics after we recover from 3,000 miles in 7 days.
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 06:31:57 PM »
Hurricanes suck! Literally. As fate would have it, I nearly missed having a 50 foot oak tree fall into my lap - so much to the displeasure of some, I survived Hurricane Ike and I'm back online.

Whateye miss? 2009 Nat's in Florida, huh? Yay! I've never been to Florida.
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

The_Klute

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »
I'll be kicking it with Colin Gilbert in Delray/West Palm next Tuesday with Chris the Imperial.  There will be some reports and pics after we recover from 3,000 miles in 7 days.

Make him take you to either Don Ramon's of Havana on Forest Hill Blvd. in Lake Worth.  Good Cuban food.
"Quiet, GIR! Do you want to wake up the whole planet?" - Zim

"I do." - GIR