Author Topic: Hey Team Ann Arbor,  (Read 61987 times)

Eric

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Hey Team Ann Arbor,
« on: July 02, 2004, 10:39:00 AM »
Hope you're not going to be too disappointed with a "2" in the first night of NPS. I'm sure you have high hopes for the coveted "1", but I just don't see it happening.  :lol:

DebMarsh

Oh YEAH?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 11:03:21 AM »
Talking big already Darby?  We'll we're going to give you a run for your money!  Our team is really working hard!

Deb

Deanna

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Hey Team Ann Arbor,
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 12:09:44 PM »
did they draw already or something?  what the heck is going on?  and am I assuming correctly from Darby's cocky overconfident boasting that we somehow drew Cantab the first bout?

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
Smart cookie
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 01:14:39 PM »
Your assumptions are accurate. Headline: Darby Goes Down, Eats own (inferior) words

Deanna

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Hey Team Ann Arbor,
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 02:05:58 PM »
Ah.

Hmmm, let's see now, where did I put those darn gloves?  Oh, yes, that's right, THEY'RE OFF!

8)

looking forward to it!
Deanna

Eric

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
You both have it at least partially correct
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 03:48:50 PM »
Quote from: "Steve"
Headline: Darby Goes Down

Quote from: "Deanna"
Ah. looking forward to it! Deanna

Well, while it may be true that Darby goes down, AND that women look forward to it, nothing of that sort will be happening, at least during the match.

We're working pretty hard too, and I know the whole AA strategy book, such as it is. As further endorsement of our stunning abilities, we (mere hours ago!) competed in the Urbana Grudge Match and finished AHEAD of Urbana AND an NYC All-Star team! (Yeah, Austin whupped us all, but Austin's not in our NPS bout, so never mind about that.)

Just to ensure a Cantab victory over Ann Arbor, we have decided to skip getting a hotel room, live in our rental car, and use the excess funds to hire twelve jolly-rancher-flavored college girls wearing white tank tops and mini-skirts to sit in the front row, spill frozen beverages on themselves, and repeatedly cross and uncross their legs while Matt "Ernie" Ernst is reading. He won't get past "We were idiots, the group of us..."

And the judges will, of course, agree.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
Darby lies
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 03:52:30 PM »
I was just in Lily White Livonia and passed "Darby Auto Repairs." And you said you were in Bah-ston!

Darby on a good day: "Vroom Vroom goes my motor."
Darby on a bad day: "Vroom Vroom goes my motor."

(That's right, can't tell the difference.)

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.4luvofpoetry.com
Goodness Gracious!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 04:01:09 PM »
The shit talking starts early around these parts!  No wonder ya'll wanted the bout draws so bad!

:lol:
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

Deanna

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Hey Team Ann Arbor,
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 04:52:21 PM »
Yes, well, will you have on your team a woman who not only writes poetry, but ALSO just came up with a way to study a protein that like minded geeks have been trying to find for years, has created this assay, and now has ACTUALLY GOTTEN IT TO WORK?!  Oh, yes, my protein is alive and well and I can prove it.  Perhaps I'll just adapt my Nobel Prize acceptance speech as a poem.  

I'm a poetic protein prophet.  You really don't stand a chance...

Deanna

P.S.  I am really really excited I got this assay to work.   my poor slam team has been hearing me gripe about for weeks now.  I am nearly beside myself with elation.  I promise to be thinking of you all specifically when I acknowledge all of  "the little people who helped get me here" in Stockholm.

DebMarsh

Hip Hip Horray!
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 06:18:42 PM »
Deanna,
Great job on your Nobel Prize-worthy experiment!  Soon you'll have more than just that grainy snapshot to show us all!  And I was afraid that yours was the lab that caught on fire at U of M this week.  Thank goodness it wasn't!

Oh and Darby, we changed the book.

Deb

PS Delrica, you have to understand that this is all in fun.  Last year Eric Darby was on the AA Slam Team with Deanna and Matt, so don't worry about the trash talk.  It's just that.

Eric

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Re: Hip Hip Horray!
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2004, 01:29:58 PM »
Quote from: "DebMarsh"
Oh and Darby, we changed the book.
Deb

Deb, after all those years, you threw away the notecard? And you were just starting to use the second side!

Steve- Feel free to mock the car noises. You shall eat your own inferior words when we unleash the Car Noise Group Piece upon you.

(and congrats, D! You'll have to explain it to me in St. Louis. Not that I'll understand it, but I too have the knowing nod down to a science...)

Deanna

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Hey Team Ann Arbor,
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2004, 11:21:43 AM »
yes, well, in preparation for the first nights bout we have Matt hard at work at his new poem:

"What would Matt drive? (if he had a car and his wife hadn't left him)"

:lol:

don't worry Darby, I'll bring the polaroids to help explain my new experimental glory.  I carry them with my everywhere...  (I'm not kidding).

DebMarsh

Other poems
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 11:38:41 AM »
Oh and Eric,
Deanna is writing the poem "My Great Uncle's Hands."  We're ready for you!

Deb

Eric

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
Re: Other poems
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 12:20:48 PM »
Quote from: "DebMarsh"
Oh and Eric,
Deanna is writing the poem "My Great Uncle's Hands."  We're ready for you!

Deb,
You may be ready for me, but not for the five voice "I Want to Be Uzbeckistani" piece we're working on. Besides, I've got it on good authority that Deanna's Great Uncle was a quadriplegic, so I'm not too worried about her new poem.

DebMarsh

Yeah but....
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 01:12:40 PM »
Darby,
Have you heard about our MIS group piece?!  It's flagwaving amazing!

Oh, and don't you make fun of Deanna's great uncle!  He's got the cure too--not only a quadripelgic, but also a childhood lukemia now in remission survivor.  He's got your number!

Deb