Author Topic: Considerations for your Slammaster proxy  (Read 1889 times)

bobdapoet

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Anthology, inc.
Considerations for your Slammaster proxy
« on: April 11, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
Hey Slammasters-

Just a reminder to take a moment and consider your proxy choices carefully. Look at and read the forums on the issues you are interested in, and look for a peer that you feel will best represent your positions.

Don't be afraid to ask them questions, giving someone a proxy effectively doubles their vote, and people with 4-5 proxies become considerable voting blocks in discussion and voting on potentially groundbreaking items.

This is not an opening for the whole limits on proxies discussion, this is a word of reminder that you should realize your vote- even if you are not there- has value and it's your responsibility to ensure that your vote in represented the way that you want it to be.

And, to community members-

Tell your slammaster what your feelings are. Typically, most Slammasters look to represent the best interests of their communities, and you have alot of say in helping shape your slams views on any given issue.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
Re: Considerations for your Slammaster proxy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:10 PM »
Let me echo Bob's comment in this way. If you are carrying a proxy, you are honor bound to investigate that person's views and positions on subjects of import to the community. When they give you their proxy they are not saying, "I want you to be twice as powerful." They are saying, "I trust you to represent MY interests, even when they go against your own." If folks didn't just vote their "block" over and over, there would be no concern about limiting proxies.