Main > General Discussion

What's the slam scene in Philadelphia?

<< < (2/3) > >>

MattMason:
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

karen_g:

--- Quote from: Ransacked on February 22, 2008, 05:02:14 PM ---Can it really be that my hometown, the fourth or fifth-largest city in the US, has no regular poetry slam?

--- End quote ---

I know!If only I'd known while I lived there, I mighta been able to start something.
There used to be a reading on South Street I loved because cats like Amiri Baraka would just stop by, no fuss, and read on the open just like everyone else.That' was '99, though.

Michael Mlekoday:
Yeah, that sucks. UPenn & Philly Youthspeaks are way too good to not have a PSI outlet.

JacobW11:
I know this post is old but it is one of the first things that comes up when Philadelphia Poetry Slam is googled. We have two poetry slams! A monthly poetry slam The Pigeon Presents: The Philadelphia Poetry Slam & the bi weekly The Fuze Poetry Slam. Both are great. Both worth checking out.

karen_g:

--- Quote from: JacobW11 on October 04, 2012, 01:47:17 PM ---I know this post is old but it is one of the first things that comes up when Philadelphia Poetry Slam is googled. We have two poetry slams! A monthly poetry slam The Pigeon Presents: The Philadelphia Poetry Slam & the bi weekly The Fuze Poetry Slam. Both are great. Both worth checking out.

--- End quote ---

My mom sends me articles all the time on what's going on up in Philly  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version