Thunderclap

Author Topic: CALLING ALL LOCAL POETS IN NORTH CENTRAL FL (and fans)  (Read 1894 times)

jesster

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Jesse Parent
CALLING ALL LOCAL POETS IN NORTH CENTRAL FL (and fans)
« on: November 26, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »
Reposting from the MySpace:

To all poets in the greater areas of Gainesville, Ocala, and Orlando, Florida:

We are going to Hot Toddy Cafe in Waycross, Georgia, this Saturday (12/1) for their monthly reading. This is an around-the-room-until-dry style reading. Starts at 8, ends when done (perhaps midnight, perhaps much later). We will leave Gainesville at 4:15 or so. That will give us time to travel, stop along the way, grab a bite to eat before a robust evening of poetry, and settle into the room before the reading starts.

Please let me know if you want to participate. We will carpool and convoy both ways. Those of you who would have to leave from Waycross at a certain time (say, by 11), please let me know and I will help you coordinate carmates according to your schedules, etc.

FYI: Content should lean toward family-friendly, at least for the first part of the evening. We may be able to dip deeper into our repertoire depending on how the late-night crowd develops.

If you are from other areas of north or central Florida (such as Tampa, St. Petersburg, Daytona, Palatka, Port Richey, Lake City, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, etc.) you are welcome to join us too. Please message me for instructions, etc.

ALSO listeners and fans are welcome to come! Please don't feel left out just because you don't have anything of your own to share.

Peace,

David
http://www.myspace.com/thewordisspoken