Author Topic: You down with OPP? Gimme your poems, suckas!  (Read 3769 times)

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.4luvofpoetry.com
You down with OPP? Gimme your poems, suckas!
« on: October 25, 2007, 05:53:06 PM »
Sup fam.

I am making a hard effort to not read my poems on open mics anymore; not until I have new work to read. So instead, if I don't have someone to cover, I'm not reading on an open mic...well except for DC Slam, because I host and should probably open with something other than me saying hi.

Anyway...

Last week, I read Joanna's latest poem "Barcode" and folks really dug it (like really dug it). So give me a poem you wouldn't mind me reading. I can't promise that I won't butcher it, but I can promise that at some open mic, it will be read.

Don't give me a 3 minute poem that only contains the word "fuck" in it; I won't read it. Don't give me shit you wouldn't even read to your worst enemy...unless it involves 2 girls and a cup (sorry...bad joke - for those of you who have no idea where the reference comes from...you had to be there).

Don't give me stuff that I already have in books; most likely I've read it somewhere or it's already been heard by the same group of people. If you're not sure I have the book, ask.

Give me new shit (I love reading new shit). Give me your favorite shit. I just wanna read and share in your words. Can't think of one of your own? Send me someone else's you think the world would love!

If this is something that interests you, shoot me an email (with the poem attached in either a pdf, word doc, txt file or just cut and pasted into the email itself) at delrica at livejournal dot com.

Thanks!

Note: DO NOT POST YOUR POEMS HERE! SEND IT TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE!!
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

inkera

• Executive Council
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
Re: You down with OPP? Gimme your poems, suckas!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 08:15:52 AM »
Oh my sweet mother mary's baby boy Jesus_you are actively reading at the open mic.  :o I really need to be about my business and work on my stage time.

I am so jealous!!!!!!

Inkera
I love me MORE.......the campaign

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.4luvofpoetry.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 10:29:29 AM »
I don't read often, but this is not only an attempt to read more...it's an attempt to get more people's work out there.

The awesomeness was when I left the stage last night, someone walked up to me and said they're going to do the same thing and that it was a GREAT idea.

Who knew I inspired stuff? Hmph!
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

richboucher

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 01:17:13 PM »
I'll send you something crazy.....

richboucher

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 01:18:19 PM »
....well, I mean, crazy by default...