Main > PSi Bylaws Discussion

Unofficial Ground Rules

(1/3) > >>

Bro.Said:
This is a formal committee (Roberts Rules calls it a Committee of the Whole) with no official chairman. We can be informal, but we can keep proposed amendments uniform by following a certain procedure. The way this forum works I think it will keep down confusion if we discuss or debate issues concerning each article in it's own thread. Can we keep it that way, please? Let's not create a "Discussion of Article One" thread.  Let's try not to discuss an article at length outside of it's thread. And if you want to make amendments, that is , if you want to alter, strike, or make additions of words, phrases, clauses, or whole paragraphs  - can we make and keep our purposes clear?

For example, if you want to alter Article One:
1. Quote it 
--- Quote ---ARTICLE I
The principal executive office of the corporation in the State of Illinois shall be located in the City of Berwyn and County of Cook. The corporation may have such other offices, either within or without the State of Illinois, as the Executive Council may from time to time determine or the business of the corporation may require.

--- End quote ---

2. Then state your purpose: MOVE TO STRIKE "state of Illinois"
--- Quote ---ARTICLE I
The principal executive office of the corporation in the State of Illinois shall be located in the City of Berwyn and County of Cook. The corporation may have such other offices, either within or without the State of Illinois, as the Executive Council may from time to time determine or the business of the corporation may require.

--- End quote ---

3. Or: move to ALTER all occurences of "Executive Council" to the " High Poetry Slam Command". 

4. Or: move to ADD "or whatever" after every occurence of corporation:
--- Quote ---The principal executive office of the corporation or whatever in the State of Illinois shall be located in the City of Berwyn and County of Cook. The corporation or whatever may have such other offices, either within or without the State of Illinois, as the Executive Council may from time to time determine or the business of the corporation or whatever may require.
--- End quote ---

5. THEN let the discussion ensue. This way people know exactly  what they are discussing and can keep discussions focused.

I've purposely used somewhat humourous or ridiculous examples above. I don't mean to imply that we all play around with the bylaws. I hope we all try to keep proposals serious and keep debate respectful.

[Topic Stickied -hellslam]

Delrica:
To Quote, simply press the quote button within the thread and then type either above the [ quote ] or below the [ / quote ].

Just adding on here, Said. I noticed folks tend to go inside and then...well, you get the point.

Thanks for starting us out with the starter threads.

Bro.Said:
You're welcome, Del. Glad to see you participating already!

Delrica:
Leadership starts at the top, does it not?

Scott Woods:
An excellent addition to the forums, sir.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version