Main > PSi Bylaws Discussion

Article Three of the Bylaws

<< < (2/4) > >>

Delrica:
At this point, I don't think there needs to be a motion.

Technically, this isn't a meeting.

But it is a forum for open discussion of the bylaws.

Said, am I wrong on this? I know you tend to know Roberts Rules to the letter, so I defer to you on how that works.

Bro.Said:

--- Quote from: Delrica on August 19, 2007, 09:08:27 AM ---At this point, I don't think there needs to be a motion.

Said, am I wrong on this? I know you tend to know Roberts Rules to the letter, so I defer to you on how that works.

--- End quote ---

We voted for Roberts Rules to govern ALL meetings of PSI. This forum constitutes for all intents and purposes an open meeting of ALL members of the organization dedicated to one specific issue: the bylaws. Roberts Rules calls such a meeting a Committee of the whole. The moderator of this forum is the actual chairman. While most of this is discussion for practical reasons, it greatly helps for the sake of clarification if an individual proposes an actual change to the bylaws to make a motion (to alter, to strike, to make additions). Seconds are not neccessary. Voting isn't neccessary.

Since members of the EC are participating here, it would streamline the actual amendment process if members of the EC see a motion they favor here post their support of the motion and take it to the EC for the first vote in the official amendment process.

Delrica:

--- Quote from: Bro.Said on August 19, 2007, 10:07:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Delrica on August 19, 2007, 09:08:27 AM ---At this point, I don't think there needs to be a motion.

--- End quote ---

We voted for Roberts Rules to govern ALL meetings of PSI. This forum constitutes for all intents and purposes an open meeting of ALL members of the organization dedicated to one specific issue: the bylaws. Roberts Rules calls such a meeting a Committee of the whole. The moderator of this forum is the actual chairman. While most of this is discussion for practical reasons, it greatly helps for the sake of clarification if an individual proposes an actual change to the bylaws to make a motion (to alter, to strike, to make additions). Seconds are not neccessary. Voting isn't neccessary.

Since members of the EC are participating here, it would streamline the actual amendment process if members of the EC see a motion they favor here post their support of the motion and take it to the EC for the first vote in the official amendment process.

--- End quote ---

Ah ha.  Well, technically there is no chairman then as there is no moderator to this forum.

But thanks for the input! Much needed.

Thanks, Said!

Steve:
This amendment to ARTICLE III Section 12 has been approved by all three bodies as of August 11,2007. Add to the end of Article 12...

No elected or appointed voting member of the Executive Council shall simultaneously hold a subordinate position within the structure of the corporation for which financial remuneration is subject to the approval or oversight of the Executive Council. This restriction shall not be construed to include reimbursement for expenses associated with the performance of duties for and of the Corporation, nor does this restriction prevent the changing of financial remuneration standards for Executive Council members.

Steve:
Also, Section 2 of ARTICLE III is misquoted above. (Said, where did you get this copy? I ask so that I can take it down and replace it with the most current version.)

Here is the newest Section 2 of ARTICLE III as approved by all three voting bodies in August of 2006.

Section 2. Number. The authorized number of voting members serving on the Executive Council shall be seven (7) until changed by amendment to these Bylaws. Additionally, the Executive Director shall serve on the Executive Council in a non-voting status.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version