Main > PSi Bylaws Discussion

Article Four of the Bylaws

<< < (2/3) > >>

Steve:
There are always 7 members of EC. There are always 4 offices to be held. Sometimes one person holds more than one office, but there are always 7 EC members.

Arrian:
How I understand the by-laws is:

Jill is Pres.
Jack is VP
Jamie is Secretary and Treasurer
John is a trustee
Jim is a trustee
Julian is a trustee

Total voting members of the EC is 6 as afforeded by the following, Article 4 Section 1: "Any two or more offices may be held by the same person." 

Steve:
I hear your argument, but in the past there have always been 7 members and there have always been four offices. But sometimes three people did the duties of the four offices leaving 4 non-officer members of EC.

Delrica:

--- Quote from: Arrian on August 19, 2007, 05:03:05 PM ---How I understand the by-laws is:

Jill is Pres.
Jack is VP
John is a trustee
Jim is a trustee
Julian is a trustee

Total voting members of the EC is 6 as afforeded by the following, Article 4 Section 1: "Any two or more offices may be held by the same person." 

--- End quote ---

But you're forgetting about Joanna, who is also a trustee (and a voting EC member), but not an officer.

Arrian:

--- Quote from: Delrica on August 19, 2007, 08:23:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: Arrian on August 19, 2007, 05:03:05 PM ---How I understand the by-laws is:

Jill is Pres.
Jack is VP
John is a trustee
Jim is a trustee
Julian is a trustee

--- End quote ---

But you're forgetting about Joanna, who is also a trustee (and a voting EC member), but not an officer.

--- End quote ---

Ahha! Yes in Article III it states "shall be 7", shall is the important word. I missed the following (see italics below) which is demonstrated by Joanna however by-laws specifically stating 3 (see bold below) limits trustees to three, maybe. This is a detail that could be argued; the whole Joanna may or may not be able to hold another "trustee" position but all the same the title can change but the purpose/responsibility remains.

--- Quote from: Bro.Said on August 17, 2007, 09:37:07 AM ---ARTICLE IV
Officers
Section 1. Number. The officers of the corporation shall be a president, a vice-president, a secretary and a treasurer and three trustees, as well as other additional officers whose titles and duties shall be determined by the Executive Council.

--- End quote ---

I have to say Delrica I appreciate the willingness to go into details in this endeavor. I do this kind of thing for work (wrtiting P & Ps, internal auditing, contracts, etc.- you know the exciting reading/writing) and most are big-picture kind of people. Thank you.

-Arrian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version