Main > General Discussion

NPS formats by year

<< < (2/6) > >>

The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe:
Let me see if I got this right, so each team will perform 3 prelim nights right, instead of 2?

Steve:
Yahfu, no, everyone will still perform two nights but each team will also have a night "off." Your team might have performances on Tuesday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday. That is to accommodate the much larger field of teams than in the past.

Mike Simms:

--- Quote ---

The answer is yes.  For the 4x4 format, teams can bring 4 or 5 poets.  I don't know if this means you can have 5 poets in a group piece.  Can anyone answer that?

--- End quote ---

Jesster, if I understand correctly you can still do a 5 person group piece, you just have to comply with the rules of primary authorship. So for example, if that 5-person group piece has two primary authors the remaining 3 poets will have to reappear as the primary author of another piece that you throw up in that bout.

I think that is how it works...

The Award Winning DwnTown Poetry Krewe:
Thanks Steve

jesster:

--- Quote from: Mike Simms on March 26, 2008, 01:42:16 PM ---

--- Quote ---

The answer is yes.  For the 4x4 format, teams can bring 4 or 5 poets.  I don't know if this means you can have 5 poets in a group piece.  Can anyone answer that?

--- End quote ---

Jesster, if I understand correctly you can still do a 5 person group piece, you just have to comply with the rules of primary authorship. So for example, if that 5-person group piece has two primary authors the remaining 3 poets will have to reappear as the primary author of another piece that you throw up in that bout.

I think that is how it works...

--- End quote ---

Ah, so I would have to assume you can't have a 5 person group piece with one primary author?

-Jesster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version