Author Topic: Southeast Slam Teams: Come to the H-Town Showdown  (Read 3015 times)

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
Southeast Slam Teams: Come to the H-Town Showdown
« on: June 09, 2007, 05:06:49 PM »
If your slam team will be driving from the Southeast to Austin for Nationals, you might be interested in some pre-Nationals poetic slam down in Houston:

1. I've already reserved Saturday August 5th at our regular venue. There is a stage with lights, sound system, and an outside patio for smokers. There's food and coffee, and the owner is in the process of getting his liquor license, right now it's a byob (but you don't need to be slamming and drinking anyway)

2. I've already talked to Austin Ego's (2nd in last years final) about coming down. Their definitely interested. Of course the Houston Slam Team will defend home turf. I think I could accomodate at least three more teams.

3. There will be no registration fee. Everybody (including your poets and entourage) will pay the door - and we'll split the proceeds.

If you're interested sign up here, so I can start planning for lodging for those who plan to sleep over. You can also call me 832-656-7829.
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
Re: Southeast Slam Teams: Come to the H-Town Showdown
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »
Correction: The date is August 4th. Stil;l a Saturday. And Austin Neo Soul is interested in coming.
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »
If you're driving to Austin from the Southeast (Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana) you may want to have some pre-Nats action at the H-town Showdown on Saturday August 4th.

Deadline to reply July 14th.
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

Bro.Said

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Houston Poetry Slam
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:27:08 PM »
No response from southeast teams means this is now an all Texas event. So far these Texas teams have committed to the 2nd annual H-town Showdown on Saturday August 4th:

Austin Neo Soul
Bryan College Station
Ballabahoomba Corpus

Austin Ego's? Killeen? Are you interested?
Brother Said
Houston Slam Master

jordanmichaelg

• Sonnet
  • (972) 704-5001
    • View Profile
    • THE OFFICIAL FORT WORTH POETRY SLAMS
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:45:58 PM »
Wish we could make it. But we usually only do local benefits to save on expenses this time of year.
See you guys at Nats.

Peace
Michael Guinn
Slam Master-FWPS
www.mikeguinn.com
www.myspace.com/mikeguinn