Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/pslam/forums/public_html/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
*GAH* The BERKELEY CURSE!!! 

Author Topic: *GAH* The BERKELEY CURSE!!!  (Read 13762 times)

anselicious

Re: *GAH* The BERKELEY CURSE!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2007, 03:53:12 PM »
--I don't even know... some crazy thing about robots and wires coming out of me. It was a cover.--

Any New Englander will tell you (with pride) that the poet in question was the sorely-missed Bernard Dolan of Providence.

While I'm here...Yeah.  Go X-man.

charlesellik

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 12:21:53 PM »
Folks--

--After seven years, the curse has officially been broken, thanks to one Christian Drake.  I have no idea what supernatural forces he summoned to his aid, but he was successful in earning a spot on our team! 

-----YOUR NEW BERKELEY TEAM:
D.Silence 85.0 = Wielder of the Coveted Golden Macaroni Belt!
Joshua Walters 84.8
Christian Drake 84.7 (He broke the dreaded BERKELEY CURSE!)
Isaac Miller 84.4
Jamie De Wolf 84.4

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 06:43:29 PM »
I got $20 on Christian making the team.  Any takers?  I would love to see him break the curse.

I'll take the bet?

raise you $40.00 that if he does make the team he takes 4th place behind Jamie, Mike, and Issac.

Andre.

TOo bad I was out of town and couldn't take that bet.  That double up would have been nice. 
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind

Link

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 05:14:17 AM »
Folks--

--After seven years, the curse has officially been broken, thanks to one Christian Drake.  I have no idea what supernatural forces he summoned to his aid, but he was successful in earning a spot on our team! 

-----YOUR NEW BERKELEY TEAM:
D.Silence 85.0 = Wielder of the Coveted Golden Macaroni Belt!
Joshua Walters 84.8
Christian Drake 84.7 (He broke the dreaded BERKELEY CURSE!)
Isaac Miller 84.4
Jamie De Wolf 84.4

YEAH Christian!!  Wow...that's one hell of a team Chaz!

charlesellik

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »
YEAH Christian!!  Wow...that's one hell of a team Chaz!

Thanks.  Actually, it's kinda MALE, kinda PALE.  We'll have to do some work to overcome the whitesnake factor, but the good news is they all really admire and respect one another (!), they already hang out together, and we already have pre-written team pieces.  Best of all (in my mind) is that they are all local champions and veteran slammers who've never won any kind of National title.  Hungry.  Grrrr. 

Link

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 04:16:38 AM »
[ but the good news is they all really admire and respect one another

To me, this is THE MOST important element!  This is something that the Dayton team lacked for a little bit there, but since that respect has returned, so has the joy of Nats and Rust Belt!

charlesellik

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2007, 03:54:19 PM »
You know, I never mentioned that he DID draw the "A" slot in the first round, and it appeared that the curse was in full effect. He laughed, but the other poets looked at him like he had a noose around his neck!!!   He really had to work for his spot and dispell the gloom!