Author Topic: Well this is new  (Read 9282 times)

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
Well this is new
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:04:05 PM »
New forum software, like it?

bobdapoet

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Anthology, inc.
Re: Well this is new
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 03:45:40 PM »
you have pegged my geekometer...

They are very cool...

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 03:53:34 PM »
I aim to please.

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:55:37 PM »
What are those little icons under the avatars? I think I can figure out the IM but otherwise??

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 03:59:28 PM »
It's all the profile links the user has, plus, since you are an admin, you can IM with the board, by clicking the IM link, edit users profiles, and email them.  Normal users don't have those options, and don't see that stuff unless the user wants to share that info.

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 04:01:41 PM »
I just found an error.  The conversion process seems to have lopped off the first character of everyone's signature. Wierd.

inkera

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Slamcharlotte
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 09:42:10 PM »
I like the new website!! Man this was a long time coming.  ::)

What are the stars below everyones name?

Inkera
I love me MORE.......the campaign

Scott Woods

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.scottwoodswrites.net
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 11:39:24 PM »
I just logged on and am struggling with the new format.  I'll figure it out, but this second I'm struggling.

I'm not sure where a couple of things are or how it's determining what's NEW.
I'm not a fan of, when I see "recent posts" which is acting like "posts since last visit" (which isn't right considering when my last visit was), seeing the entire post I haven't seen.  Before I coudl choose to read posts that were new since my last visit.  Now I have to wade through them all even if they're ads for dick enlargements.

Still working it out, though.  It's pretty and clearly necessary, so don't mine me.

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.4luvofpoetry.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:39:16 AM »
I just logged on and am struggling with the new format.  I'll figure it out, but this second I'm struggling.

I'm not sure where a couple of things are or how it's determining what's NEW.
I'm not a fan of, when I see "recent posts" which is acting like "posts since last visit" (which isn't right considering when my last visit was), seeing the entire post I haven't seen.  Before I coudl choose to read posts that were new since my last visit.  Now I have to wade through them all even if they're ads for dick enlargements.

Still working it out, though.  It's pretty and clearly necessary, so don't mine me.

Well, once Erik did the conversion, it marked EVERYTHING as new (first session in the new system type thing...don't know the why, just know what it did).  Just like in the old forum, there is a link at the top of each forum that you can click to mark everything as read.  You'll most likely have to do that for each forum you visit.

In the meantime (before doing that), you'll have to look at the date last posted column on the far right of each forum to see what is new since you last came here.

But once you click the mark as read, you'll see the more traditional icon/color changes from before (where it only shows the brighter color icon/color for new stuff since your last visit).

Sorry if that sounds complicated...I don't know how to express it in shorter terms.
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 06:43:48 AM »
I like the new website!! Man this was a long time coming.  ::)

What are the stars below everyones name?

Inkera

Ahh...the stars below everyone's name. I know on other message boards that use the same function, you'll receive a new star after x number of posts.  Newbies get one star, then at X number of posts (determined by site admin in the configuration process), you get two and so on and so on until you reach the maximum level of stars.

They don't hold a whole lot of relevance outside of the cute names associated with each level and knowing how much time you spend here. No special prize or privileges with the new feature.

Hope that helps.
*The views expressed by Delrica are not that of PSi nor the Executive Council. Her gems are her own...deal with it*

edaniel

• Slammasters
  • Epic
    • View Profile
    • PSi
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 07:15:23 AM »
It's also possible to mark the entire forum as read from the main page, which is what I did when I first logged on, and then forgot to tell everyone else to do it.

For the record the stars are just a function of post count -
0-19 Haiku
20-99 Limerick
100-499 Sonnet
500-999 Ballad
1000+ Epic

There are very few epics on this board, they are all on the EC. Which might tell you a little about how much discussion goes on in the EC section.

Delrica

• Epic
  • Follicles, mayne!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »
There are very few epics on this board, they are all on the EC. Which might tell you a little about how much discussion goes on in the EC section.

Well, that or we have no lives... :-X

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 02:52:54 PM »
Looks great...One thing, it looks like I have access to the staff forum, which probably shouldn't be the case.  You may want to check if others do as well.

hellslam

• Administrator
  • Limerick
    • View Profile
    • Poetry Slam, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 03:24:08 PM »
You are given access to the Staff forum because you are a member of the WOW Coordinator Staff, and that group has access to both the Staff Forum, and the WOW Coordinator Forum.

If anyone has access to a forum they don't think they should have access to, please PM me or ScottWoods.

Link

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 07:30:44 AM »
So far...the new forum pleases me.
love is not a G.E.D.  You cannot go back for it once you've dropped out.