Author Topic: coming to MA  (Read 3974 times)

jbradley

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
    • Broken Speech Poetry Slam
coming to MA
« on: June 20, 2006, 06:33:56 PM »
hello poet peeps,

i am coming to Anesbury MA on Friday and staying till July 1st for business.  anything i can do when i'm not working in that area?  hook a nerd thug up.
Do or do not.  There is no try. - Yoda

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
coming to MA
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:05:48 PM »
Speaking of MA, is the show at Lizard Lounge every Sunday?  I will be in Boston on business until Monday.

Eric

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
coming to MA
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 08:34:50 AM »
Quote from: "AmyD"
Speaking of MA, is the show at Lizard Lounge every Sunday?  I will be in Boston on business until Monday.

Lizard is every Sunday. "125" is featuring--he'll be interesting with the band. He's a full-velocity, full-volume performer. I don't know how exciting the slam will be--the team is practicing at another venue that night, and we've been most of the show lately. Either way, they usually get started around 8:15 down there, slam first, then feature, then open.

Cantab is tonight (Wednesday)--a touring poet from Cali is the feature. Show starts 8-ish with a long open mic, then feature, then slam.

Providence team finals are Thursday @ AS220--that should be a good show, and it's only about an hour from Boston.

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
coming to MA
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 10:51:53 PM »
Thanks for the scoop!

simone

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • Boston Poetry Slam
coming to MA
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 02:48:00 AM »
Mass Travelers:

The best attraction in Amesbury is Hodgie's Ice Cream, where you can order by the quarter-kiddie or half-kiddie. Brave the small if you dare. I'm pretty sure the place is a mafia money laundering operation, because they clearly aren't making a profit selling ice cream that way.

There's good pinball and people-watching a bit north on Hampton Beach or Salisbury Beach. You could also get a very scary tattoo.

I always recommend the Lizard Lounge show, regardless of who the feature is (AHEM my '06 Cantab teammate, AHEM) because the Jeff Robinson Trio is a completely awesome band. They really know what they are doing when it comes to backing poets. If you aren't into the Lizard scene, though, you can always head west to Worcester for the Sunday night show.

slamnews.com has all the pertinent info and links. Or you can drop me an email; I'm out of town (hello, Seattle!) until 7/5, but I'm happy to answer questions or make suggestions.

Have fun and please don't hestitate to contact me. I'm sorry I won't be in town to welcome you.

--simone
Simone Beaubien
SlamMaster, Boston Poetry Slam

AmyD

• Ballad
    • View Profile
coming to MA
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 09:26:10 PM »
Lizard Lounge was well worth my $5, even though I could not figure out how to expense it.