Author Topic: For Wrestling Fans ONLY  (Read 9361 times)

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« on: July 27, 2005, 10:50:16 PM »
Face
1. Hulk Hogan
2. Rock (people loved him even when he was a heel)
3. Bett Hart

Heel
1. Hollywood Hogan (no one saw it coming)
2. Rowdy Roddy Piper
3. HHH

Technical Wrestler
1. Benoit
2. Dean Malinko
3. Kurt Angle

Monster

1. Brock Lesner
2. Batista
3. Vader

Craziest
1.  Abdulla the Butcher
2.  Mick Foley
3.  Sabu

tag team
1. Road Warriors
2. Bladerunners (Warrior & Sting)
3. Midnight Express

match
1. Magnum T.A vs Tully Blanchard.. i quit match
2. Mike Awesome Vs Tanaka- ECW championship match
3. RVD vs Jerry Lynn (pick any match they had)

best finisher
1. Nash...jack knife power bomb, when he used to put people
through the mat
2. Brock Lesner- F5
3. Saturn- Death Valley Driver

best submission
1. Tazz...katahajime aka...Taz-Mission
2. Dean Malenko- Texas Cloverleaf
3. Jericho- old WCW style LionTamer

best specialty match-
1. War Games (WCW)
2. TLC (WWF)
3. Barbed Wire Ring (ECW)

best manager

1. Jimmy Cornette
2. Paul Ellering
3. JJ Dillion

Faction

1. 4 Horseman (original, the rest sucked ass)
2. nWo (original, once the entire wcw roster was nWo it got out of control)
3. Degeneration X

best jobber
1. Brooklyn Brawler
2. Iron Mike" Sharpe
3. Maven

Best female wrestler
1. JAZZ...no hands down
2. Chyna
3. fabulous mulah
And those who were seen dancing
were thought to be insane
by those who could not hear the music...
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

Chris Cavanaugh

Chyna????
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 09:24:52 AM »
What about Stacy Keibler?

Also, today's Pro Wrestling is NOTHING compared to the "Wrasseling" of the 1950,60,70s.  Gimme The Sheik, Bobo "Coco Butt" Brazil, The Great Kabuki, Haystacks Calhoun, Gorgeous George, Dick the Bruiser, The Wild Bull of the Pampas and the Eighth Wonder of the World "I sharpen my teeeeth" Pampero Firpo, et al over these lame wannabees any day....

Roller Derby is even better.  They used to have the best Blocker around, #747 Big Bertha!   Speaking of which, check out

http://www.detroitrollerderby.com/

There's a fund raiser for them this Saturday at The 2500 Club in downtown Detroit, featuring  Burly Girly Wrestling! (See, it all ties in together...)

Evan

• Limerick
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/copasetic_soul
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 08:59:59 AM »
Logic your youth is showing....your "FACE" should have included Ric Flair. he with the golden blonde Mane, glittering robes and beautiful women.

Chris, your age is showing....but im right there with you!!

lol @ roller derby.....
one world + one race = onelove

That Picture Poet

Steve

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Wordsmith Press
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 10:25:33 AM »
FACE should certainly include old timer Gorgeous George. He was Ric Flair in the sixties only a little wussy. (He cried sometimes, then got mad and beat the hell out of people.)

Chris Cavanaugh

For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 05:54:43 PM »
Evan---
Perhaps I'm not showing my age that much, as my grandfather was (Michigan) State Boxing Commissioner in the 50s and 60s..  Along with regulating the Golden Gloves competition and all pro boxing, he was also responsible for Pro Rassling.  Before they had top-heavy bikinied strappy high heeled tarts strutting the ring with round cards, that job was handled by my three older brothers (I was only a pre-schooler at the time).  A couple of my first childhood memories (like from about age 3 or 4 I think) were hanging out at the Kronk Gym watching the boxers and rasslers practice and spar.  I specifically remember talking to Dick the Bruiser and Bobo Brazil.  A more vivid memory  is of being at my grandparent's house for a Sunday dinner and my Gramma being incredibly angry at my Gramps  for showing up very late from the gym.  If that wasn't bad enough, he brought home several of the midget rasslers for dinner.  So...my memory is actually of my curiosity and delight at being around adults who were my size---sitting on phone books wasn't just for children anymore!
Also---I was ringside at the Burly Girl Rassling match at the Detroit Roller Derby Girl fundraiser last night.  I almost wish that I had shown up in drag so that I could have joined in the fun (Boys can compete if in drag.).  I just had to be content with the consolation of drinking with the Burly Girls and the Derby Girls and challenging them to armwrestling matches.  I'm left handed so I used my right and lost only once. I'm a referree for the Derby; now I just have to figure out a way to get on the inside of rassling w/o resorting to drag...

Perhaps Slammers should be networking with these members of the Alternative Extreme Women's Sports Association.  I know that I am penciling in the Burly Girl Benefit Car Wash scheduled for a couple of weeks from now.

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2005, 02:52:13 AM »
flair!??!!? the self proclimed "dirtiest player in the game"

was a face.. at times.. but for most of his tenure was a founding member of one of the dirtiest factions ever.. the fourhourseman, and because of which can never be a face in my book...
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch

Chris Cavanaugh

For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 04:35:24 AM »
Admittedly I'm not all that familiar with the Modern Era and I have a few  questions.  Why no midgets? (And don't use the pat answer of political incorrectness - the whole thing has always been incorrect. And don't mention Beetlejuice of The Howard Stern Show. Perhaps Vince McMann (sp?) and his cronies want to avoid another dwarf bowling fiasco?) Have divas replaced them as the novelty act of the industry? Or do divas make more of a legitimate contribution than midget did? Or has the entire industry itself devolved into one giant, monolithic novelty act, a strange parody of a parody of a real competitive sport?

Mateo

• Haiku
    • View Profile
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2006, 02:05:28 PM »
there are a few people i feel as if were left outta the list. first off, i dont know if you mean heel as in your foot but if so i gotta say shaun michaels, the super kick.
also faction- the hart foundation
Tag Team- Legion of Doom (come on their shoulder pads kicked ass)
Monster- Andre the Giant, Bam Bam Bigalow, Psycho Sid
Manager- i agree with your first, but for #2 and #3 i think it should be paul bearer with his urn and sunny when she managed the smoking guns, not much to explain there, shes a babe so uhhh she gets my vote.
ows it goin?

Link

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 07:58:50 AM »
Quote from: "Mateo"
there are a few people i feel as if were left outta the list. first off, i dont know if you mean heel as in your foot but if so i gotta say shaun michaels, the super kick.
also faction- the hart foundation
Tag Team- Legion of Doom (come on their shoulder pads kicked ass)
Monster- Andre the Giant, Bam Bam Bigalow, Psycho Sid
Manager- i agree with your first, but for #2 and #3 i think it should be paul bearer with his urn and sunny when she managed the smoking guns, not much to explain there, shes a babe so uhhh she gets my vote.

You put the Hart Foundation about the Four Horsemen?  Hell I'd even put the NWO in front of the Hart Foundation?!

Although I'll give it to you on the Tag Team, but I've always had a special place in my heart for the Dudley boys

Andre should be a classification of his own and that's it!  If we're looking at Monster give me Big John Studd or George "The Animal" Steele

Managers there are only 2 that matter:  "The Brain" and "The Mouth of the South"
love is not a G.E.D.  You cannot go back for it once you've dropped out.

Link

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 08:05:35 AM »
Logic mi amigo...you've gotta look back and get more into at least the 80's if not 70's +  I'd be interested to see Terry Creech's list on this!  

I see no Superstar Billy Graham?  I see no Funk?!  I see no Hillbilly Jim?!

Your Haiku is strong my friend...but your Camel Clutch is weak

Bob Whoopeecat Stephenson

• Epic
    • View Profile
    • The Poetry Grind
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 11:46:20 AM »
Boys....Don't Forget "Iron Claw" Fritz Von Eric and family, Thunderbirds, Kabuki and Junkyard Dawg!

Saturday night wrestling from the Sportatorium....ah yes!  I remember the days of B&W 13" TV on the dresser in the bedroom.  The cage matches, battle royals etc....the perfect bedtime stories!
Whoopeecat
Slam Master
Dallas-Poetry Grind

Link

• Sonnet
    • View Profile
For Wrestling Fans ONLY
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006, 06:34:48 AM »
Did anyone else see that Saturday Night's Main Event is returning to NBC this weekend?  Ahh that brings back memories!

LoGic

• Ballad
    • View Profile
    • Homebase
old school
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006, 06:47:46 AM »
i had alot of old school references... early 80's...

tag team
1. Road Warriors
2. Bladerunners (Warrior & Sting)
3. Midnight Express

1. Magnum T.A vs Tully Blanchard.. i quit match
 War Games (WCW)
. Iron Mike" Sharpe

so i had some old school references.. but this was just a starting point, at which to start discussion...

and the Road Warriors was the L.O.D. original name... although i will admit i forgot about the Von Erics.. but.. i did mention Abdulla the Butcher so i should get extra points...
 ― Friedrich Nietzsch